Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone try to install any video camera on your 2014 accord? I want one to record the traffic situation while driving, just in case of accident, I could be able to justify myself if it's not my fault.

I was told I should be able to hide the wires inside of the frame but I don't know how to do that exactly on accord. I dont' want that device to visible and become appealing to somebody :).

Please advise?

·
Four Doors/Two Pedals
2020 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
1,172 Posts
I think digital might be a better route than VCR.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts

·
No Gears, Got CVT :)
551 Posts
Have you looked into a gopro camera with a removable mount?
http://gopro.com

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you looked into a gopro camera with a removable mount?
http://gopro.com
I don't want those removable ones as I have to take it off every time which is quite inconvenient. Not to mention the wires hanging in front of the window.

I know some can be attached to the rear mirror and have the wire hidden but just don't know how to do it.

I heard there are other types which are directly installed in the front grille which is even more invisible.

·
'13 Accord Touring V6
7 Posts
I have two dash cams, the Lukas LK-7900 ace and the DOD LS430W, installing them is very simple. You can find more info here. Personally, I like the DOD LS430W more than LK-7900 ace because it shows a more detailed picture.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have two dash cams, the Lukas LK-7900 ace and the DOD LS430W, installing them is very simple. You can find more info here. Personally, I like the DOD LS430W more than LK-7900 ace because it shows a more detailed picture.
Do you dismount it every time you leave the car?

·
'13 Accord Touring V6
7 Posts
For safety, I dismount them sometimes when I park my car at the mall or outside at night. It is your call really, I don't really like the mount for the Lukas lk-7900 ace but both dash cams aren't that easy to spot from outside looking into the car.

·
Registered
274 Posts
this is getting crazy...I didn't know people did this. I mean, it's definitely gonna help you in accidents that weren't your fault.

·
2013 EX-L 2.4 sedan white
46 Posts
this is getting crazy...I didn't know people did this. I mean, it's definitely gonna help you in accidents that weren't your fault.
Not only in these cases. Sometimes there are funny and interesting situations on the road, you can share with the forum members, colleagues. Generally, it's useful.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It'll help you in all sorts of situations where potential fraud may put every asset you own on the line. It's better to protect yourself, as people get desperate and will try anything to screw you over for a buck.

·
Registered
274 Posts
It'll help you in all sorts of situations where potential fraud may put every asset you own on the line. It's better to protect yourself, as people get desperate and will try anything to screw you over for a buck.
Yeesh....The Paranoia in me is sinking in :paranoid:

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
If you have Tmobile and extra iphone laying around, you can get the 200Mb/month for free for that iphone w/o voice. Use it as a GPS tracking device. That's what I am planning to do. I just need to find a cheap iphone.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Former H Master Tech
318 Posts
In some European country's insurance providers require a camera to be installed facing forward and backwards, and the ones that don't require it give you a discount if they are. Why doesn't the US adopt this? BS claims would be thrown out even if they did get rear ended :thmsup:

·
Love my Coupe
32 Posts

·
2013 Accord Sport 6MT
120 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts