Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed Red Led coming from map light area I think it's near noise canceling micro done but the light only turns on when u turn headlights on. Anyone know what this is for? Is it just aesthetic? Cause it shines nicely at night with the chrome cup holder area.

2013 Honda Accord Sport
Alabaster Silver Metallic

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any way to change color without moving. Like from the iMID?

·
Dustin
139 Posts
Courtesy Light :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
We had a loaner EX and it was blue and bought a Sport and it's red. I like the blue better!! Be nice if we could change the color of it.

·
Retired from Car Biz....
7,278 Posts
Seems strange honda put in a light just to shine on chrome cup holders at night. Where is this covered in manual and where has honda mentioned this as a feature? Thx.
why is that strange? - ever seen what happens when your 10 year old misses the drink holder with a big gulp?

a lot of the new cars have it...it's to give a faint glow to all the areas that you may need to get to in the center of the car........

·
Banned
905 Posts
Oh. I still think it strange since they cut back other things but then include this and dont mention/sell it up. Thx.

·
(ノ ̄д ̄)&#1
630 Posts
The blue ambient light is something the 2008-2009s had before it was removed for 2010-2012 as part of Honda's cost cutting.

Nice to hear it's back on the 9th gens and giving the Sport some variety, since Honda likes to have red lighting with their sportier models (TL-S had red lighting over the base's blue lighting for example).

There's definitely going to be a few features not mentioned since they're mostly for ascetics and have no performance value.

As for swapping lights, easiest way is to trade the whole map light and sunglasses holder assembly with someone that has the color you want and may want the color you have.

·
(ノ ̄д ̄)&#1
630 Posts
Did only the EX's have it? My '09 LX 5MT doesn't have it.
Probably the case if you don't see it in your LX. It's definitely in my 09 EX.

·
Generation 9
408 Posts
Ambient Lighting

Red comes with the Sport model which if you get the additional footwell lighting will be red also. Blue is for the other trims where it is available on that model. Only the sport gets red. It doesn't look like it serves much of a purpose until you are driving at night in a dimly lit area and put your hand over it. The center console and shifter goes black. When you remove your hand the light glows over those areas and makes it easier to when grabbing a drink or searching or something in console area. It is mainly for "aim" not to see clearly in the dark. It is meant to be subtle. It is true that it was removed from the 8.5 Generation models. I am glad it is back as it bothered me when I owned the "11" that it was not there as part of the cost cutting measures. At the time many were searching for a DIY to install that ambient overhead light which proved close to impossible because of wiring changes and deletions in that area during the mid model refresh.

·
Banned
905 Posts
Thanks, this makes a lotta sense, in addition to what that other fella said above. I guess I was just being obtuse, but now I see the light. :thmsup:

1 - 20 of 83 Posts