Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to install an HID kit with a relay but the wire I bought has 1 red wire and 2 black wires (the battery wires) every guide I looked at only has 1 of each, do I just connect both the negative wires to the negative side of the battery or just 1 side will do? Thanks.

·
Zzzz
327 Posts
I am trying to install an HID kit with a relay but the wire I bought has 1 red wire and 2 black wires (the battery wires) every guide I looked at only has 1 of each, do I just connect both the negative wires to the negative side of the battery or just 1 side will do? Thanks.
i'll say both but a picture would help :]

·
Zzzz
327 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i see what you mean now. usually it comes with one for a cleaner look but it will still work. you can connect that to the car battery negative terminal (if its long enough) or to the car chasis itself.
what do you mean by connecting it to the car chassis?, im new to this im sorry lol

·
Zzzz
327 Posts
what do you mean by connecting it to the car chassis?, im new to this im sorry lol
you can substitute the ground from the battery by grounding your relay to anything metal (not painted) in the car chassis

lol even that made me confused. basically if the wire is not long enough to reach the negative post from the battery just connect the negative to anything that is metal from the car. if there is paint you should sand it down a bit before you make any connections

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you can substitute the ground from the battery by grounding your relay to anything metal (not painted) in the car chassis
I could just tape it on? or Do i have to use special equipment to ground it?

·
Zzzz
327 Posts
I could just tape it on? or Do i have to use special equipment to ground it?
i usually use a pre-existing bolt nearby. loosen the bolt and put the wire in and screw it down. that will serve as a ground spot if its metal. its the same concept as connecting it to the battery but instead your using your car chassis.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i usually use a pre-existing bolt nearby. loosen the bolt and put the wire in and screw it down. that will serve as a ground spot if its metal. its the same concept as connecting it to the battery but instead your using your car chassis.
ohh alright, thanks a lot i appreciate the help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts