Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. New member here. I'm looking at an 04 accord V6 6 speed coupe. It looks very nice, i've been reading through the forum a lot before posting and I haven't seen many posts about a lot of common problems. The car has 100k miles so I am kindof hesitant however I know hondas are usually pretty reliable. I'm wondering if I should have any concerns buying an honda with this many mile or if there are any common problems I should look for, other than the 3rd gear honda/acura problem. I was looking at a ford explorer (i know completely different car) with 80k and I feel like I'd rather have this with 20k more, I feel as though it'll still be better in the long run. Any help would be great. Thank you!

·
mobiless2
2,200 Posts
Has time timing belt been replaced?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure yet. It only has 100,600 miles and I think, if the accord is like the TL, it is recommended at 105k so I doubt it. How much does it cost to have done through honda? I've also read on here about problems with the V6 transmission but I believe it was the auto, any manual problems? I also read the clutch could cost close to 2 grand to replace, thats a ton, makes me nervous I might need to get it done soon on a 100k car if it wasn't done before.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hello. New member here. I'm looking at an 04 accord V6 6 speed coupe. It looks very nice, i've been reading through the forum a lot before posting and I haven't seen many posts about a lot of common problems. The car has 100k miles so I am kindof hesitant however I know hondas are usually pretty reliable. I'm wondering if I should have any concerns buying an honda with this many mile or if there are any common problems I should look for, other than the 3rd gear honda/acura problem. I was looking at a ford explorer (i know completely different car) with 80k and I feel like I'd rather have this with 20k more, I feel as though it'll still be better in the long run. Any help would be great. Thank you!
Are you getting the car through a used car dealer or is it a private seller? If it is through a dealer you can try to get them to throw in the timing belt replacement or if you get a quote they may take off that dollar amount off the sale, I did this when I bought the civic i had before the accord because they did not know if the timing belt and water pump had been replaced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts