Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2006 Accord (Shocking, I know) that I'm putting a new Android Radio, A/C, GPS, Touchscreen, Movie Theatre, Popcorn Machine, Super Magic Wonder Unit in. My stock radio has been busted for 5 or 6 years now.

My car is definitely 4 cylinder, I've counted, and I think EX trim, I'm not sure exactly; but I have Cruise Control and, by default, a single CD player deck, power windows, and an unholy, unperforated ceiling (no moon/sunroof).

The new radio supports remote audio controls and my current cruise control switch is out. I would like to order and install both the audio and cruise control switches to replace what I have but I'm unclear if the wiring exists between the wings of the steering wheel and the center console to take make the connection or if I would have to figure out and run an entirely new harness between the audio switch and clock spring, possibly replace the clock spring, and then further run a harness to the console.

Odd fact, apparently HondaPartsOnline refers to the clockspring as a Reel Assembly rather than a clockspring, but they do apparently carry clock springs too.

·
Registered
30 Posts

I did this already but with a different headunit. Same procedure for the majority installing the switch I would assume.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts