Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
2020 best year
4,212 Posts
Im not gonna try to fight a bunch of boomers on this one. The car community is dying because of people like you guys who shoot young guys down when they want to live life and customize their cars. Im just a young guy having fun and at least being considerate by getting butterfly valve mufflers and not just straight piping my accord. The cat is still there along with the resonator fyi. So y’all can say what you want and be rude to strangers via forums but im not gonna let it stop me from living my life to the fullest.
Funny you say that, because the irony here is that you are your own worst enemy.

Vancouver car scene is the best example. It's getting killed off because a kid with a car that's not road legal decided to argue with a cop when pulled over and doxxed the said cop. Everything went downhill from there.

Pieces of the solution have already been presented. No one is going to spoon-feed you the details and hold your hands on this one.

Also, there are better ways to spend money. But what do I know? I am just a "boomer" after all.

Sent from GM1917. Technology!

Reactions: enne

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'll chime in with some info. With these remote valves you have one set of pipes hooked up to your stock or Borla muffler, and then the other set is connected to a straight-through muffler or racing resonator. But, buying all the piping and hardware is going to set you back almost as much as a full exhaust, unless you have your own welder or a good friend who has one. And it adds more weight than a single exhaust system.

I bought a $120 flux-core welder off Amazon, watched a few tutorials and then test welded some scrap metal in my garage. Once I got good at making clean welds, I custom welded a full exhaust to my '06 Eclipse GT. The muffler shops around where I live wanted twice what the welder cost me AND I picked up a valuable life skill (and had fun!).

Best thing is I can go back in and change anything I want, for example last weekend I cut a section of the midpipe out & welded a second resonator in (for my neighbor's sale).

So plan your project out on paper, measure everything twice and have fun! BTW, I've read that due to heat, exhaust valves have a limited lifespan, so be prepared to replace it after a few years.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
You’re missing the whole point of the thread man. The point is I can go from loud pulls in front of my friends to the normal volume of stock exhaust with the touch of a button.
You want to impress your peers, and that's cool, I get it, we have all been there. As someone who has been there I'll give it to you straight: you're not going impress anyone with a Honda that sounds like it has a hole in its muffler. Might as well keep a low profile and try to score points on modesty and apparent maturity.

Reactions: enne

·
Registered
39 Posts
The OP is in a completely different social scene than many of the repliers. Loud exhaust will impress his friends. At least he's trying to find a middle ground to appease neighbors who find loud exhaust systems obnoxious.

·
Runnin' in the 90s
6,125 Posts
Imagine having "friends" that need to be impressed by how loud your Honda is ?‍♀

My friends like me because I'm an interesting person, lmao

Not to mention the fact that both of my Hondas are all original and kept in immaculate condition, mechanically and cosmetically, which garners respect from my peers. Weird flexing and being a respectable person are two different things.

·
Runnin' in the 90s
6,125 Posts

·
Registered
14,412 Posts
Im not gonna try to fight a bunch of boomers on this one. The car community is dying because of people like you guys who shoot young guys down when they want to live life and customize their cars. Im just a young guy having fun and at least being considerate by getting butterfly valve mufflers and not just straight piping my accord. The cat is still there along with the resonator fyi. So y’all can say what you want and be rude to strangers via forums but im not gonna let it stop me from living my life to the fullest.

Would your friends be impressed if you ate Tide laundry detergent pods?

·
2020 best year
4,212 Posts
So plan your project out on paper, measure everything twice and have fun! BTW, I've read that due to heat, exhaust valves have a limited lifespan, so be prepared to replace it after a few years.
I mean, if you have the flaps at the mufflers, heat shouldn't be as big of an issue.

And straight pipes are way too loud no matter where you go. Even most racetracks will have a DB limit.

Imagine having "friends" that need to be impressed by how loud your Honda is

My friends like me because I'm an interesting person, lmao

Not to mention the fact that both of my Hondas are all original and kept in immaculate condition, mechanically and cosmetically, which garners respect from my peers. Weird flexing and being a respectable person are two different things.
Yeah, I was gonna say "get better friends" but you said it better.

Sent from GM1917. Technology!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Check out this video from Erick the car guy on his electric exhaust cut out.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts