Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a while now, the remote key works intermittently.
I tried the second, never used key without any success.
Clearly, the batteries are of the same age on both keys but I though I would give it a go.

Everything works normally when I insert the key. I can Lock/Unlock. Set the alarm and open the windows.

I am assuming the batteries are dying. Is that something I can do myself?
Will I need to program anything?

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated. :)
Good day all.

M.

2010 Accord

·
Freelance Gynecologist
215 Posts
No matter what you're doing, always find the cleanest simplest answer to your problem and then escalate your problem list from there.

Buy a new battery; you can do it yourself. If you're not comfortable, take it to a radioshack and they'll change it for you. I'm sure your dealer would probably do it for a few bucks too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Diesel,
thanks for the quick reply.
While at the dealership for service several weeks ago, I had asked about it. They wanted close to $200.00. Supposedly it needed programing of some sort.
I smelled a scam (You see, I was not born yesterday) so I told the kid I would look into it first.

It seems I got inspired and impatient today (After my post) so I went to Walgreen. After a (Fair and surely more reasonable) $12.00 transaction I headed home with the 2 new beasts.
Approximately 5min later, the batteries where in and the problem was resolved.

When I get a moment, I'll pay a visit to the dealership and see if I can get a hold of the district manager. I think I could use an explanation and some nice fuzzy words.

Thanks the same.
M.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts