Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I just purchased 2014 lx sedan wondering how much dealer will charge to install that option?

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
My dealer had a coupon on their site for $349.

Jay

·
Registered
842 Posts
Depends on the dealer. I'd check out estore.honda.com and plug in a dealer to get a ballpark estimate. Mine's showing $427 with install, without remote (another $96).

·
Registered
288 Posts
I would suggest staying away from the OEM one it's kind of dumb how it works. You're better off investing in a Viper system at least in my opinion.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm debating between the two
-Viper SmartStart Security Remote Start System - VSS5000
-Viper LCD 2-Way Security & Remote Start System - 5706V

Both are the same price from a local dealer. Anyone have any experience on a 14 sport (manual sedan)?

Sorry didn't mean to thread jack

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
You need to check on the warranty issues with a non Honda system.

·
Registered
227 Posts
the latest Honda Remote Engine Start System II has temperature control on the key I think...I can't remember if I saw that on the honda app for iPhone or somewhere else. Either way I'm contemplating that as well versus alongside an aftermarket brand.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i mainly want it cause the lx did not come with the push start, all my other cars in the garage have it. :D

it does have temp control option on the remote. but if i build it online @ honda its only a $299 option so why is dealer going to charge me more to get it installed.

·
Former H Master Tech
318 Posts
Because that is only for the parts, does not include install or programming. It is very easy to install yourself... Took me about 1hr and then I had the dealer program it. It's not hard at all, just follow the instructions... Everything is plug and play.

Having a second remote is kinda dumb though, but I leave the remote pinned to the side of the fridge... I hit the remote in the morning while brewing my coffee and by the time I'm done the car is all warm and ready to go :) that way I'm not lugging around an extra remote all the time.

·
Honda Tech
146 Posts
Non Honda Systems will void warranty on electrical if anything is cut/spliced in your vehicles harness. Hondas system will be more expensive but you keep warranty and it all plugs in so no cutting/splicing.

Prices are like mentioned above, depends on the dealership. They are high demand in my area and we charge $1000 installed.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Because that is only for the parts, does not include install or programming. It is very easy to install yourself... Took me about 1hr and then I had the dealer program it. It's not hard at all, just follow the instructions... Everything is plug and play.

Having a second remote is kinda dumb though, but I leave the remote pinned to the side of the fridge... I hit the remote in the morning while brewing my coffee and by the time I'm done the car is all warm and ready to go :) that way I'm not lugging around an extra remote all the time.
This may be a silly question...I have the OEM Remote Start kit being shipped to me, installation doesn't scare me but I am curious if the vehicle will continue to function and start as normal until I get the vehicle programmed by the dealer?

I would hate to install the remote start components and then be unable to start the car as normal (without using remote start of course) until after it's programmed.

Thanks

·
Registered
239 Posts
This may be a silly question...I have the OEM Remote Start kit being shipped to me, installation doesn't scare me but I am curious if the vehicle will continue to function and start as normal until I get the vehicle programmed by the dealer?

I would hate to install the remote start components and then be unable to start the car as normal (without using remote start of course) until after it's programmed.

Thanks
Your car should start as it normally would. It's just your r/s will not work. If for some reason your remote battery dies on your r/s, your car should still function normally with a manual start up

·
Registered
227 Posts
well above $800 at my Honda dealer, that's parts & labor/install...

I think I'll pass.

·
Registered
495 Posts
5706v for me and love it, 500 installed at best buy. had to talk em down, i used to work retail so that wasnt too hard. remote start and security. + with BB card it was 18months :)

dealer quoted me 650 for honda installed. but read it only has a 600 ft range, that was a no go for me.

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts

Does your Sport cut off when you open the door, or is that only the models with push button start?

My dealer said $1100 when I bought my car last April. The cheapest I've found lately was $650.

·
Registered
239 Posts
5706v for me and love it, 500 installed at best buy. had to talk em down, i used to work retail so that wasnt too hard. remote start and security. + with BB card it was 18months :)

dealer quoted me 650 for honda installed. but read it only has a 600 ft range, that was a no go for me.
Does your car shut off when the door is opened? I've heard that might be an issue.

I want the same setup as my old car: r/s - unlock doors get in - stick key in ignition - press brake to kill r/s then drive off. AND while car is on, r/s then remove key, get out lock, run into store then back into car and drive off w/o having to restart it again.

Is this how your's works?

·
Former H Master Tech
318 Posts
Does your Sport cut off when you open the door, or is that only the models with push button start?

My dealer said $1100 when I bought my car last April. The cheapest I've found lately was $650.
You have to lock your doors before your able to use the remote start. Once you unlock the car, door opens, or brake is hit the ignition is killed. Like i siad before, if you order the part and install it yourself it will take you less than 2hrs then have the dealer just program it. Easy install (i would rate dificulty at 4/10) and everything is plug and play, just follow the instructions. Otherwise you will pay retail markup for the part and a few hours of dealer labor (@$100+ an hour). I paid less than $300 for everything.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Does your car shut off when the door is opened? I've heard that might be an issue.

I want the same setup as my old car: r/s - unlock doors get in - stick key in ignition - press brake to kill r/s then drive off. AND while car is on, r/s then remove key, get out lock, run into store then back into car and drive off w/o having to restart it again.

Is this how your's works?
heres how mine works, auto with regular key ignition. heard push buttons are different.

hit RS, then i can unlock the door, put key in ignition and turn to ON and then drive off. if no key is in the ignition and you hit the brake, it shuts off. only thing i cant do is open the trunk remotely while the car is running.

taking the key out just shuts it off, so i think you last want, is a dream. :dunno:

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
heres how mine works, auto with regular key ignition. heard push buttons are different.

hit RS, then i can unlock the door, put key in ignition and turn to ON and then drive off. if no key is in the ignition and you hit the brake, it shuts off. only thing i cant do is open the trunk remotely while the car is running.

taking the key out just shuts it off, so i think you last want, is a dream. :dunno:
So the non push button cars don't cut off when you open the driver door.

My roommate's Cruze has factory remote start. It works well, I can get in and put the key in and turn it on. Having driven his car for 2 days now, I'm spoiled and want RS on my car now.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts