Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the Viper SmartStart installed today. Paid $500 installed in Chicago with a lifetime parts and labor warranty. Decided to just go with the remote start and no alarm. The car does shut off when you open the door like the Honda one unless you sign a waiver and they can disable that. They mentioned something about insurance not paying if your car is stolen. Didn't want to mess with that. Sor far I love the system. They used the bypass so I can use my Key fob or the phone app. :thmsup:

·
Registered
392 Posts
That is bs about the waiver. They cannot make the remote start still stay on when you open the door. Their is no way around it.

Plus why would you just get the remote start part and not the full alarm?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't need the alarm. I still wanted to be able to use the key fob for all intents and purposes.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
So did you sign the that waiver and the RS stayed on when you RS then opened the door? Cause I doubt it

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Didn't sign anything. I think he said you need a key fob in the car to disable the shut off.

·
CBP 2013 Accord Sport CVT
22 Posts
Not really understanding the waiver. On my previous vehicles with aftermarket remote start the car would cut off only if you open the hood or press brake pedal without the key in the ignition. Also, it would cut off after running a predetermined time limit. I have thought about getting a remote start for my Sport. Really haven't had time to look into it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just got the Viper SmartStart installed today. Paid $500 installed in Chicago with a lifetime parts and labor warranty. Decided to just go with the remote start and no alarm. The car does shut off when you open the door like the Honda one unless you sign a waiver and they can disable that. They mentioned something about insurance not paying if your car is stolen. Didn't want to mess with that. Sor far I love the system. They used the bypass so I can use my Key fob or the phone app. :thmsup:
Works on 6MT as well?

·
Freelance Gynecologist
215 Posts
My remote start is the very best thing I've bought for the Accord. It was installed by the dealer, lifetime warrantied, and stays on after I unlock the doors. I think I paid 400 bucks and I didn't have to sign any waiver or anything of the sort.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Ok, unless you are a member of a certain criminal family business, why would you want a remote start button? Having your car idling wastes lots of gas and pollutes the atmosphere.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chicago winters!

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Chicago winters!
The car comes with heated seats. By driving the car it will not waste fuel and warm up faster. Don't you wear a coat, gloves, hat and scarf?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Chicago winters!
omg yes! I totally agree... it was freezing this week but is warming up a bit, but when it gets in the teens i'll wish I had a remote start. I just don't like having to start my car twice every start-up! remote start on the accord hybrid will be so sweet in that respect! lol

Ok, unless you are a member of a certain criminal family business, why would you want a remote start button? Having your car idling wastes lots of gas and pollutes the atmosphere.
why do you care if he chooses to waste gas to warm up his car? I'd wager most people do in freezing weather. there's nothing so bad as hopping in your frozen ride and nothing so sweet as a fully warmed up comfortable ride to start your day!

·
Registered
133 Posts
The car comes with heated seats. By driving the car it will not waste fuel and warm up faster. Don't you wear a coat, gloves, hat and scarf?
You live in Texas you won't understand the weather during December - March in the Midwest!

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
You live in Texas you won't understand the weather during December - March in the Midwest!

I understand that it gets cold in the Midwest, but if you can walkout to the car without freezing, then start it up and just drive until it warms up. I guess if you want to waste fuel and it's your choice.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I understand that it gets cold in the Midwest, but if you can walkout to the car without freezing, then start it up and just drive until it warms up. I guess if you want to waste fuel and it's your choice.
According to you, using fuel to increase your comfort, especially in deathly cold weather, is a waste. I live in Cali weather and I still know better than to make such a statement to others.

·
Registered
901 Posts
You've got to be kidding me?! My home has an oil furnace, I suppose I'm wasting fuel to keep my children warm at night? You could walk to work you know, why waste fuel to move you from place to place? Ever hear of sneakers or feet?

As for the remote start thing, I wouldn't want it if I had to restart the car when I got in. The way my altima worked, after you used the remote start you had to get in WITH the key fob and hit the start button anyway to engage the gear shift. If you got in the car and tried to shift to drive (even with the key fob) the car turned off if you didn't hit start first. After 10 minutes, if you didn't get in, it would turn off. Forget about the heat, I liked it in the summer to get in a cool car about as much as the winter to get in a warm car.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
According to you, using fuel to increase your comfort, especially in deathly cold weather, is a waste. I live in Cali weather and I still know better than to make such a statement to others.
I think it wasteful to have a remote start here in Texas during July and August to have the AC running to pre cool the car. People who live in those really cold climates know how to dress so that the cold weather is not deadly while driving a car while the engine warms up. My statement about remote start being wasteful is not an enflametory statement just a fact.

·
Banned
48 Posts
So you would rather simply walk to the car, while it's still freezing and not warm.
Start the car and start driving away and be freezing in the car driving waiting for your heat and all of your motor oil and fluids to be hot and have a jerky transmission because it's still cold? Rather than simply having an auto start and having the HEAT and AC on blast for a few minutes before you get to the car while having the comfort of being indoors waiting for it to heat or cool up the cabin?

What sense does that make at all? You act like waiting a few minutes is going to waste so much gas that you can't afford? How much gas is it going to waste? A few cents?

I think it wasteful to have a remote start here in Texas during July and August to have the AC running to pre cool the car. People who live in those really cold climates know how to dress so that the cold weather is not deadly while driving a car while the engine warms up. My statement about remote start being wasteful is not an enflametory statement just a fact.

Your just stubborn. Like I said, you would rather be scorching hot in the summer rather than going to a car that's already nice and cold with the AC on?

What kind of fact is that?

And when your in cold climates the car is still freezing and your buttocks is still freezing. It just makes no sense to still be freezing a rather than going into a car that's already heated. So your telling me that if you have a house you'd rather keep your AC off till you get home rather than keep your central Ac on like a steady 73-75 degrees in the scorching heat? Or you'd rather go into a freezing house and wait for it heat up rather than walk into a house that's already heated in the winter? Smh.

·
Registered
901 Posts
You Sir are entitled to your own opinions, but NOT your own set of facts. Who do you think you are, Obama? Flame suit on :yes:

·
Registered
901 Posts
So you would rather simply walk to the car, while it's still freezing and not warm.
Start the car and start driving away and be freezing in the car driving waiting for your heat and all of your motor oil and fluids to be hot and have a jerky transmission because it's still cold? Rather than simply having an auto start and having the HEAT and AC on blast for a few minutes before you get to the car while having the comfort of being indoors waiting for it to heat or cool up the cabin?

What sense does that make at all? You act like waiting a few minutes is going to waste so much gas that you can't afford? How much gas is it going to waste? A few cents?
It's a f'g FACT that remote start has saved lives! How many of us in the Northeast have been running late for work with a freezing rain windshield and bolted out the driveway with little to no visibility and then had to pull over anyway down the road because it's so fogged up you can't see? Ever put your head out the drivers side window at 12 degrees at 45mph? Remote start rocks. 3 things i miss about my lemon: 1. Remote start 2. Heated steering wheel (SO nice in the winter, heated up instantly) 3. Bose stereo :(

1 - 20 of 91 Posts