Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have to carry the key less entry fob along with the remote start fob also? I searched but could not find the answer. I'm sure someone will find it now. thx in advance

·
Registered
329 Posts
just like the a physical key is needed to start your car (when your ready to drive), the fob will be needed to start your car, it sucks, but the sacrifice i would make for the remote start in the winter.

·
2015 Honda Accord Sport
24 Posts
Not completely true, I got my remote start installed by BestBuy, I went with the Viper start and they program their remote start to be able to be used with the regular key and you don't need any extras. Also, I hope you're not planning on paying the $800 or whatever it is to Honda for your remote start, because that is just NOT the way to go. I called to ask for a price on adding remote start for my car and even the Honda salesman told me himself not to go with OEM and to go with after market instead. I'm very happy with my Viper remote start and I dont need any extra keys except for the on/off remote start button.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Not completely true, I got my remote start installed by BestBuy, I went with the Viper start and they program their remote start to be able to be used with the regular key and you don't need any extras. Also, I hope you're not planning on paying the $800 or whatever it is to Honda for your remote start, because that is just NOT the way to go. I called to ask for a price on adding remote start for my car and even the Honda salesman told me himself not to go with OEM and to go with after market instead. I'm very happy with my Viper remote start and I dont need any extra keys except for the on/off remote start button.

Hope that helps!
I think he's referring to PTS systems (based on his car listed).

With the sport a physical key and the "fob" (lock/unlock unit) are one piece. So LX and sports will carry the physical key and the r/s remote. I used to have a sport, so it was two things i carried, the key and the r/s remote.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts