Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally put the myth to rest about removing love bugs with a dryer sheet! I still cant believe it but one dryer sheet completely removed every bit of gunk left by the love bugs from my car And with almost no effort! I did realize this morning that the dryer sheet left a white residue on my bumper so make sure to wash off after you take off the the bugs! :banana:
:noteworthy: :thmsup:

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Dryer Sheet?

·
BRWNFLSH now
6,649 Posts
Wish I would have known this sooner. Those little s*ckers sure can "love up" your front end. Let them dry on there, and they are really hard to remove. I have a squeegie in the trunk, to remove them on the road, because wipers are useless against them.

·
Registered
786 Posts
yup, dryer sheet. make sure you use water or something as lube

·
4,637 Posts
Let the dryer sheet sit in a bucket of warm soapy water for a minute or two. Hose down front of car. Glide sheet over the area where the bugs are present. Use leaf blower to dry. Maybe use some quick detailer here and there along with a plush MF towel. Bada bing bada boom.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Whether you add water to the sheet or to your bumper just make sure it's wet, the wetter the better!

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Lord i forgot about thost things when i was in Orlando in college. I'm moving back soon so i'll remember this trick.

·
Registered
319 Posts
love bugs? two bugs who made love?
really that is what i see when i google the word. a good thing about DA is you get to learn so much about America, first i learn about 'Hail' (google search it because i think it is a mistype of 'Hell'), and now love bugs. They have 2 heads when u see it in wikipedia.
our car here rarely being hit by bugs. lucky me i guess.

·
Registered
168 Posts
love bugs? two bugs who made love?
really that is what i see when i google the word. a good thing about DA is you get to learn so much about America, first i learn about 'Hail' (google search it because i think it is a mistype of 'Hell'), and now love bugs. They have 2 heads when u see it in wikipedia.
our car here rarely being hit by bugs. lucky me i guess.
Those are two separate heads and bugs joined together in the nether regions. We were in Disney last October and they were crazy!

I imagine this trick will work with any bugs, I will have to try that when I need to clean some off.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Try and buy some stuff called 'Grime Reaper' made by the Chemical Guys, we use it at work, works absolutely amazing! They come off like hot butter.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've had good luck using fabric softener dryer sheets to remove love bugs.

Read the tip on a forum years ago. It hasn't caused any damage on the several cars I routinely wash.

Any brand should work. I've got the cheap Kirkland (costco) brand sheets.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts