Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of a sudden my '16 EX CVT Coupe+Sensing started to show AHA on the Audio source menu again. When I first got the car I was able to get AHA off the menu, so the choices using the steering wheel button were, in order: FM, AM, XM, USB. But AHA has reappeared as "AHA app" in between XM and USB when I cycle the choices with that button.

Must be losing gray matter because I can't figure out how to make AHA go away again. I don't have an AHA account, my Samsung S6 cell phone is not paired wirelessly or via USB to the HU, Bluetooth and WiFi are turned off on both the HU and on the phone.

The only thread that turned up in a search and the thread linked in it don't help.

So what have I forgotten...??? ?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HU software hasn't been updated since 2017 and that was under a TSB because of missing mileage histories, screen freezes etc. That update fixed those problems, but I'd gotten rid of AHA before then and it didn't come back after the TSB update.

I have EX+Sensing and always see AHA listed on the Audio Source menu on the iMid touch screen, but somehow I was able to delete it from the options I see across the top of the upper screen when pushing the center button on left side of steering wheel. It used to go from USB directly back to FM and start the cycle of options all over again. Suddenly AHA is one of the choices in that cycle again. Grrrrr!

A number of us here discussed trying to get XM off that menu too, and that wasn't possible, but somehow I got rid of AHA. Don't remember if somebody posted how to do it or if I figured it out myself. Searching these forums didn't turn up a thread with the solution...

Call me "Brain Dead"... :unsure:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Have you tried factory reset the unit ?

On mine exlv6 with the audio unit out of ex ( not sure it that vehicle had sensing) the aha is in the menu, when clicking it it asks for credentials to login, but I do not believe it is in the list of options on the steering wheel source button. I'll be around the vehicle tomorrow can double check and will try to check on another unit I'm taking delivery of, it is a GPS head unit out of touring, which I'll need to figure out what needs to be added for fully functional GPS besides the GPS antenna that supposed to be sitting somewhere in the center underneath of dashboard or is it by rear view cam, do not remember exact location of it.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Google says it is some u ow related to Hondalink appfrom what I can see based on couple pages

[/URL]

[/URL]

Civic forums were not available, due to maintenance, so have no idea how discussion went there.

Also, check to make sure you dont have it installed on your phone.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for those links and the info. I have the HondaLink app on my phone but never signed up for it so my car isn't "enrolled". And I've only ever connected the phone to the car by USB or BT, maybe once each in the 3 years since I bought this car new. I don't have AHA on my phone.

I have connected the HU to my home WiFi from inside the garage, just to see if it worked, but I don't do that regularly and probably not in over a year.

If I choose AHA on the iMid Audio Source menu, it asks for my log-in info but I don't have either to enter. And now if I accidentally let the AHA option get selected from the steering wheel's left center button menu it asks for the same info on the iMid screen. Did you check to see if AHA is an option on your HU when using the left button on the wheel?

Pity that Civic link doesn't say how to delete the AHA app from the HU. Maybe it requires a sledge hammer...!

Guess I'll have to try every option setting on the various HU screens to see if I can make AHA go away again....

Thanks for helping...

·
Registered
648 Posts
I made a quick video, uploading now. Got interrupted to shuffle vehicles on the driveway.
From what I found so far it is between Pandora and Aha somehow you choose which one you want to appear in there seems like ( how? I haven't looked that deep ), nothing as to how to get rid of it. The Bluetooth option is becomes available when the phone gets connected.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So you have Audio Apps on that menu across the top too. That's what I want to get rid of...

·
Registered
648 Posts
I never selected that thing, I thought that you had a separate option that specifically said Aha on there.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That option automatically opens the AHA log-in screen for me. It doesn't offer anything else, eg not Pandora, etc.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Is this what you are experiencing ?

As for Pandora, I've read somewhere there is a setting to choose between one or the other based on your preference. I haven't listened to Pandora like 6 years or more it's been iHeartRadio or Spotify on phone only and even that was good 4 to 5 years ago until a week ago I started to listen again.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's exactly what I see, now that Audio Apps reappeared on that menu.

I looked around in the settings and on the "Apps" screen it says "none installed". So I can't delete AHA from there.

Never had Pandora or any of those other services. If I'm not listening to FM or HD over the air, I'm listening to tunes on a USB stick which I leave plugged into the center console all the time. Don't even use the CD player because I put everything on USB.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I keep promising myself to put everything on USB, have even started quite a few times and always find my USBs walking at one point. Pandora and Aha are pre-installed probably because the paid big bucks at the door to get in, after all its advertising,more subscribers and revenue. You just gotta love marketing department.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I got the gps powered on, got the unlock code too, but the damn thing is stuck at message of aquiring gps signal, i need antenna to make sure it is fully functional. I do have the gps usb dongle from back in the day of hooking it to laptop.

·
Registered
648 Posts
So I hooked up the received navigation unit again to test and confirm that vehicle indeed already had a gps antenna installed in it and while browsing through settings I stumbled upon something that may be of help shot a video of of it and now YouTube is removing the copyrighted material from the Line in the Fast Lane song by Eagles
Once that's done you should be able to view the clip

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for your continuing help.

Did disabling Pandora on that screen get rid of the "Audio Apps" icon on the menu displayed across the top of the upper screen when you cycle through the Audio sources with the steering wheel button?

And how did you get to that menu in the first place? I've tried pressing the combination of buttons others have posted but I've never been able to get into that maintenance menu.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I did that while all of the settings were still retained from the previous owner, whom I am guessing at some point had the Aha going on the unit. When clicking the app it would launch with some presets/ accojnt info that it was setup under asking to get connected and input of credentials. If I recall correctly the Aha was still there, but Pandora did not appear, which is sort of counter productive in my opinion. But, it was hot and it was not exactly on top of my priority list to be checking all nooks and cranies, plus it was not comfortable to navigate from passenger seat.

Hold power, screen brightness and menu buttons at same time. This will get you in the diagnostics menu, you may have to try a few times.

·
Registered
648 Posts
My main intention of todays exercise was to figure out the dilema with gos antenna and acquiring signal faster than approximately 2.5 miles of driving and 10 minutes into the trip., not to mention figuring out id the damn car already had a gps antenna installed in it and the one bought from amazon is going back for a refund.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts