Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
So I updated the maps yesterday, then did a factory reset. Today went in and removed Pandora, it is gone from the source menu on head unit, it never appeared as separate option on top screen rather Audio Apps is the only option there. If Audio Apps option is selected it link to Aha automatically. If selecting Pandora from sources menu on head unit if awaits connection from cellphone with Pandora app installed. So even though Pandora is removed, it never appears nor it appeared before in sources with steering wheel selector. Just the audio unit. I think you are hunting a ghosts with your maybe not so clear recollection of events ??

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
@Cepega - That's exactly what I want to do (again), remove the Audio Apps option that appears on the bar across top of upper screen in my '16 EX Coupe when I press the button on steering wheel to select audio Source.

I don't have Navi and your HU seems to behave differently than mine. When I tap Source on the lower screen, and then tap Audio Apps, it immediately opens an AHA screen that asks for email address/password or offers to set up an account. I never set up an AHA account. With WiFI turned off on HU, tapping button to set up an account gives error "server can't be contacted". With WiFi on, that button takes me to a screen to set up an account, but I don't want an AHA account. And the Audio Apps option remains on the upper screen.

I have both an Apps List tile and AHA tile on the menu at 2:48 in your vid. If I touch/hold either of those, a trash bin appears in lower right corner of the screen. I can drag either tile onto the trash bin but they immediately jump back into the menu box and can't be removed. All I can do is change their position on that menu.

Thanks for posting your vid, but I'm still stuck with Audio Apps on the upper menu bar... 😞

·
Registered
648 Posts
If you'd look closely, looks like the browser is involved into it. I really think that this behavior is more of glitch. I will have to try this with non Navi unit. A while back I accidentally opened browser from apps menu and after a while noticed this behavior from source button on steering wheel and thought of this discussion.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
If you'd look closely, looks like the browser is involved into it. I really think that this behavior is more of glitch. I will have to try this with non Navi unit. A while back I accidentally opened browser from apps menu and after a while noticed this behavior from source button on steering wheel and thought of this discussion.
You're a genius❗❗❗

Turned WiFi on in the car and connected to my home network. Opened the browser from the apps list. Navigated to Google, closed the browser and turned WiFi off again. The Audio Apps option is GONE!!!!!! 👍 👍

Restarted the car and it's still gone from the Source menu. Don't know why/how that changed the options offered when I press the Source button on the steering wheel. I knew Audio Apps wasn't there originally. This had been driving me nuts for a whole year... 😲

And now I found out something else. I'd learned the number of presses needed to change the audio source from whatever was currently selected to another option without looking at the screen. With Audio Apps gone, I miscounted and selected Sirius XM by mistake. Only had Honda's freebee XM service and never signed up for a paid subscription.

Today I have full access to all my preset stations. And I just read a selection of Sirius XM channels are free from June 25th - July 6th. Go here and click Free Channel Lineup to see what's available for free...

So I took a ride to nowhere and back, just to get out of the house for a while and tuned in a Sirius XM golden oldies channel to forget about the current state of things, at least for a while. And yes, I know they'll probably start haunting me to buy a subscription again...

Thanks! I owe you...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Get Hondahack, u can customize all of this, dont need to remove

21 - 27 of 27 Posts