Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a 2014 Accord and my center arm rest (cloth) has become filthy. I want to take it apart, but the system is different than my 2011's, with no visible screws or tabs. What's the best way of removing the cover so I can wash it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
216 Posts
You can remove the top lid by popping off the rear panel of the console and then unscrewing the screw holding the spring, remove the c -clip and then slide out the rod. Removing the cloth from the lid is possible but you'd have to staple it back on. That's not something you want to keep repeating. I just bought the leather one that matched the color of my interior and I still have the stock one to install when I go to trade it in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can remove the top lid by popping off the rear panel of the console and then unscrewing the screw holding the spring, remove the c -clip and then slide out the rod. Removing the cloth from the lid is possible but you'd have to staple it back on. That's not something you want to keep repeating. I just bought the leather one that matched the color of my interior and I still have the stock one to install when I go to trade it in.
Thank you. Luckily, there turns out to be an easier way, I will put up a DIY thing a little later.

:nerd

1 - 3 of 3 Posts