Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble removing the two clips holding the inner fender. I'm trying change my low beams. I am following the owner's manual, but still can't get the clips to come out.
Any suggestions on removing the clips?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Honda sells/uses a push pin puller (aka clip puller), part number 07AAC-SJAA100 for around $22 - $25 retail ($16 thru internet sites). Honda also recommends spraying a rust penetrant (e.g., WD-40, etc.) first on the clips to loosen any grime, dirt, etc. (But, the clips are about $1 or more from the dealer, so you have to decide whether you really will use the tool much if you want to get it.)

Some people found a paint can opener also works well. A flat-head screwdriver doesn't work as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
those clips were a pain in the butt in my old rsx. dont waste your money on the push pin puller. just get a rather big flathead, put it in on one of the grooves and turn the screwdriver as if you're tightening a screw. should pop right up.

trust me, i've broken enough back in the day

·
Should Have Went 5peed
309 Posts
I had a hard time changing my driver side turn signal. Just keep trying. trying twisting it left and right little by little to loosen it up. thats what i did after a month on trying to change my driver side turn signal. Good Luck! :thmsup:

·
Registered
851 Posts
DUDE, use a small flat head screw driver and just apply little pressure in the little slot they have made already, after that one is out the other is a little harder. These clips seem durable for 2-3 uses before they need to be replaced ( compared to other cars ive worked on) just take your time and use a flat head screwdriver, the worst things that you'll have to do is drive to honda and but new clips which is prob. $5 tops

1 - 7 of 7 Posts