Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this question has been asked over and over but I'm not interested in the techniques to remove it. I'm FINALLY going to buy my accord at the end of this month except I'm torn between the 2013 and 2014. I want to get the EX-L and one of the dealerships have a 2013 on sale for 25k except the picture shows an ugly dealers emblem. Since the car is likely an year old will taking the emblem off leave a mark? Like will it be obviously that there was an emblem there because of the difference in color of the surrounding areas?

·
Reverse
66 Posts
It normally depends on how much UV exposure the car had, but since it's only a year old with 25k miles, I'd say the difference in color would be very very minuscule, if any at all.

·
No PRND
583 Posts
Just because its last model year doesn't mean its a year old! lol. My 2013 was made in late June. Not sure when they starting cranking out 2014s but I bet it was only a couple months later. Point being, it will likely just peel off. I peeled one off my wife's truck when it was 4 years old and only left behind a small amount of glue residue that came off with a little more work.

·
No PRND
583 Posts
It normally depends on how much UV exposure the car had, but since it's only a year old with 25k miles, I'd say the difference in color would be very very minuscule, if any at all.
Price is 25k, not mileage. I believe its a new car. :thmsup:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I just don't want to buy the car and take off the emblem only find that there's a distinct difference. It'd drive me crazy.

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,002 Posts

Did we read the same sentence?

If a dealer still has a 1 year old (from date of manufacture) car still sitting on the lot, then they're doing something wrong.

·
Reverse
66 Posts
Lol you're right, my mistake! I thought it said 25k miles. But yes, we'll say it's safely less than two years old, so it should peel off no problem and be virtually the same color.

I know you're not asking for methods of removal, but a heat gun and adhesive remover can always be used for a quick and easy process.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just because its last model year doesn't mean its a year old! lol. My 2013 was made in late June. Not sure when they starting cranking out 2014s but I bet it was only a couple months later. Point being, it will likely just peel off. I peeled one off my wife's truck when it was 4 years old and only left behind a small amount of glue residue that came off with a little more work.
There wasn't a difference in paint color between the areas around the emblem and under the emblem?

Yup the car's new :). I have this weird feeling it's a display model though cus it's heavily discounted compared to the other same year and model that's on the site.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If a dealer still has a 1 year old (from date of manufacture) car still sitting on the lot, then they're doing something wrong.
Is there a way to find out how old the car is using the vin#? I put the # into a vin decoder but it only tells me where it was made.

·
No PRND
583 Posts
There wasn't a difference in paint color between the areas around the emblem and under the emblem?
Nope, but her truck is white so that probably helped.

I forget where mine had the manufacture date, maybe in one of the booklets? (which the dealer probably has back in a closet somewhere). Maybe just ask them when it was manufactured, how long it's been on at that and other dealers, etc. They should be able to give you answers, hopefully truthfully. If its discounted more than the same model/trim/year on the same lot, I suspect something's up. Maybe it had some paint repair or something? Good luck. The dealer sticker shouldn't concern you at all, its easy to get off.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Door sticker.

Thanks! No picture of sticker on the site :T. I guess I could contact the dealer but I don't want them badgering me for the next 2-3weeks :dunno:

Nope, but her truck is white so that probably helped.

I forget where mine had the manufacture date, maybe in one of the booklets? (which the dealer probably has back in a closet somewhere). Maybe just ask them when it was manufactured, how long it's been on at that and other dealers, etc. They should be able to give you answers, hopefully truthfully. If its discounted more than the same model/trim/year on the same lot, I suspect something's up. Maybe it had some paint repair or something? Good luck. The dealer sticker shouldn't concern you at all, its easy to get off.
I was reading the new car info page they had on the site. Apparently the car was shipped to Houston except I live in Dallas. I'm going to assume someone didn't want the car after requesting for it. I'd contact them except I still have couple weeks before buying. From my short experience with dealers they want to sign the paperwork either that day or the next.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
if you kept your car waxed I do not see why you would have any discoloration after that amount of time. I kept vinyl sticker for 5+ years on my laser blue mazda and when I removed them it was barely noticeable from very close.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
if you kept your car waxed I do not see why you would have any discoloration after that amount of time. I kept vinyl sticker for 5+ years on my laser blue mazda and when I removed them it was barely noticeable from very close.
I haven't bought the car yet. I'm debating buying the 2013 since it's cheaper than the 2014 with minimal difference in features.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
2014 = rubberized area where the usb sits
hummmmm rubber
LOL 2014 has it's own merits such as higher resell value than the 2013 plus the little trinkets. I just don't know if it's worth the higher price tag in the long run though since I can get a 2013 EX-L w/ Navi for around the same price as the 2014 EX-L. Before the 2014 came out I couldn't choose a color or trim and now I can't decide on the year. :dunno: Just can't win.

·
CVT
514 Posts
if it's a year old i highly doubt there would be any traces left on it. i remember i removed the emblem on my 8th gen civic after 6 years of ownership and although it had like an outline of where the emblem was, a quick polish/compound job did the trick.

also i'd go with the 13 if it were my money just because you get the nav (although honda navs arent that great, helps with resale) for the same price as the 14 EXL

·
Registered
103 Posts
Use some adhesive remover after you peel it off then the glue will come right off then wash the spot off with car wash soap and water. If the car isn't white it wont be that noticeable.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Use some adhesive remover after you peel it off then the glue will come right off then wash the spot off with car wash soap and water. If the car isn't white it wont be that noticeable.
Why do you say that? I removed the emblem from my white Frontier and there was no discoloration under them. I have ordered a White Orchid Pearl EX and I plan to remove the badging on the rear of it. I am hoping there is not something in the Honda paint that would cause this to be a problem.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts