Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took the rubber cap off and took of the 17mm nut. However, I cant pull the wiper arms off. Am I missing a step?

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
You have to push down the arm then pull up. Once you take the nut off, the arm is crooked.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You have to push down the arm then pull up. Once you take the nut off, the arm is crooked.
Ok, I'll think about it a bit. When I removed the nut, i didnt see the arm go "crooked" or anything. Tried good force but it wont budge. Kind of feels like its glued down solid or there is something else i need to remove to free it.

Edit: oh... I think i know what you may be talk about now. i maybe fighting against the strong spring tension.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Ok, I'll think about it a bit. When I removed the nut, i didnt see the arm go "crooked" or anything. Tried good force but it wont budge. Kind of feels like its glued down solid or there is something else i need to remove to free it.

Edit: oh... I think i know what you may be talk about now. i maybe fighting against the strong spring tension.
Bingo. You got to wiggle the arm to get it to come off the stud. The tension of the spring on the window is hanging the arm up on the stud.

Jay

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bingo. You got to wiggle the arm to get it to come off the stud. The tension of the spring on the window is hanging the arm up on the stud.

Jay
Thanks. Finally got them to come off. Adjusted the driver side to my liking, wipes closer to the A pillar now with aftermarket wipers. The passenger side on the other was much more difficult. I think i adjusted too high. Looks silly when looking at it from within the car.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Thanks. Finally got them to come off. Adjusted the driver side to my liking, wipes closer to the A pillar now with aftermarket wipers. The passenger side on the other was much more difficult. I think i adjusted too high. Looks silly when looking at it from within the car.
Pics? From inside and out?

Did you adjust the arms because you went to a center mount blade instead of the factory offset blades?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pics? From inside and out?

Did you adjust the arms because you went to a center mount blade instead of the factory offset blades?
Yes. I need wipers that dont freeze in the winter, so have to go center mount. You will notice 2 problems when going center mount, Driver side doesnt wipe close enough to A pillar, Passanger side sits on the plastic cowl. Both problem are solved, except the passanger side looks silly from within the car, because the wiper now sits too far up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts