Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I'm working on wiring my Winjet Replica Inspire Fogs on my VP Accord 2007 and I'm having a little trouble choosing a wire to tap into in the interior fuse box. I'll be using a quick splice connector. I'm just not sure which one is safest to use since they all have different amperages. I want my lights to be able to use the switch only when the cars on, meaning I DON'T want always on power. Is there anything here that I can use the splice connector to tap into that won't damage my electrical system/core electrical components horribly if anything happens? I'm planning on tapping into the 7.5 AMP ACC wire (fuse 32) or the interior lights one. What amp rating should I be looking at for the fog lights if I plan on using HID in them in the future?

I have the map of the fuse box here

·
Registered
38 Posts
Use a test light and tap into a 12v and 12v Acc. Both are available behind the kick panel by the hood release. I used this also, my fogs come on with switch, when the ignition is in the acc/run postion.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Use a test light and tap into a 12v and 12v Acc. Both are available behind the kick panel by the hood release. I used this also, my fogs come on with switch, when the ignition is in the acc/run postion.
Thanks for the response.

It looks like my kit only has 1 wire on the switch harness to tap into with, which is the brown connector that I'm going to snip off and tap with... I'm guessing this is the 12v Acc one? There's a power cable on the fog harness, but I think that's supposed to go into the battery or something.

That said, anything 12v with x amount of Amps is okay to tap into as long as my test light goes on when I want my fogs to go on?

·
Registered
38 Posts
It should be mostly plug and play. My kit had a connector also and i was able to plug it into the open spot where the 12volt was. I tapped into a regular 12volt and the acc spot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts