Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
My stereo in 2017 accord touring stopped working so I bought a 2016 EXL stereo from Ebay for a very good price. Now the problem is that this stereo keeps on asking for theft code. I got a list from seller and three codes from Honda. Tried all of these but none work. Do you guys have any clue why would that be? At first I thought it could be part number issue but I see there is a post for upgrade from 2014 to 2016 radio. Is there any special wiring for can bus or any other system in 2017 touring model which is preventing this radio from activating?

·
Registered
648 Posts
You need Vin of the donor vehicle. Some say this can be retrieved online, but I have not found a working solution at least in my case. So call Honda they will give you like 8 codes based on the info you give them of the donor vehicle Vin, year, trim. Third or fourth code worked for me. One time they told me which codes are most likely to work vs the other ones provided. Tell them you are not by the vehicle at the moment.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I finally got it working. Canadian honda was only providing me 3 codes but US honda website gave 20+ codes and it had one new code which worked. Now another issue, vendor said it was navigation unit but it does not have navigation option on screen. It has all the ports except one white one. I am attaching the picture of the back side of my original stereo. new replacement does not have port #1 but has everything else. Can someone confirm that port #1 is not the navigation port( my assumption was port #2 was navigation). I have also attached picture of the interface.
If it has navigation but is faulty, is it possible to replace from my broken unit? It looks like very modular stereo with different parts connected to main board.

Attachments

·
Registered
648 Posts
The port difference is for the HD FM antenna should only be the difference there as in US unit. The navigation works off of GPS antenna that shows up as a compass only on lower trims. What is the part number of the unit received? And did you try scrolling left and /or right the menu?

What exactly happened with your original unit?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The part number is 39101-T3L-A71 which i checked online and it shows as navigation unit.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Did you swipe the screen to the either side from your second picture. Or launch audio and there should be 3 buttons atop left of the screen map, audio and source of I recall correctly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, did all that and you are correct there are usually three buttons on top left but this one has only two. I read somewhere on this forum that if you dont have hardware such as fm tuners connected, it will not even show up as option on screen

·
Registered
648 Posts
I do not have hd installed in my car and installed Navi works on non Navi vehicle without problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello Guys, does the EXL-navi stereo comes with external compass or built in compass?

Do you know why does the diagnostic say compass unit NG? Apart from that white connector is there any difference in wiring. In the diagnostic it shows satellites connected but diagnostic for nav unit is blank.

Attachments

·
Registered
648 Posts
Make sure that you made a secure connection and that the plug and socket are clear with no foreign objects loved in neither one, make sure the center conductor is present and not bend.

You never said what happened or how your old unit stopped working.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I figured out, it says NG because its not navi unit so its looking for external compass unit.
My old unit broke because my stupidity. I had autohack working perfectly but I wanted better sound as even with my audio control 6 channel amp quality was bad. So I installed busy box to install viper4android. After numerous unsuccessful tries I changed default install location in busybox and that's it. Unit wont boot.... after honda logo only blank screen. I tried a lot of different ways to send it into recovery but nothing worked.
That's how I ended up in this mess

·
Registered
648 Posts
How were you trying to get unit into recovery, I have the original unit sort of software bricked myself, stays at Honda logo and won't boot .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1. I tried copying recovery.sh into usb but usb had no power.
2. 5 times disconnect battery
3. Connecting battery while pressing power power on

1 - 13 of 13 Posts