Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a 2003 Accord Coupe V6 6-speed manual that I am looking at purchasing. The one problem with it is, the current owner has replaced the passenger seat with a new one, because dog destroyed the leather, and the SRS-off light is now on. I have read that one can reset the SRS system via a plug under the dashboard. But I have also read that the OPDS will have to be re-calibrated by a dealership. Will they recalibrate it even though the seat isn't original to the car; and how much would that cost (US)? Or what else could I try? :| Thanks.

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
10,137 Posts
Does it remain off when someone sits in it? They are generally off when empty and are weight sensitive.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Did you connect to the car ECU to see if there were codes that can be reset? Ideally the battery should have been disconnected before the seat was changed out. If the car was started without the seat connected the ECU didn’t see the side airbag and threw an error. Get an ODBC scanner and reset the code. I don’t think the auto part stores reset codes for you. Same thing happened to me after removing one of my seats. I just reset the code and it never came back.
Good luck

·
Registered
40 Posts
You’re referring to the occupant sensor in the passenger seat. This turns off the passenger airbag if nobody is seating on the passenger seat. The SRS light is something different.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Confirm that the correct seat is installed. Not all 2003 had seat side airbags and even those that did are not all the same. I went to replace my seat and the replacement from the wreckers did not have the same number of connectors underneath it even though it was the same year and model (EX-L) Back it went.

·
Super Moderator
3,430 Posts
There's no SRS off light. Should be either Passenger Airbag Off or Side Airbag Off.

Passenger Airbag has to do with the OPDS and does required a calibration when changed. Side Airbag has to do with the position of the driver or passenger in seat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts