Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I have a 2016 Honda Accord LX - base model. Originally the side mirros do NOT have the built in turn signal into the side mirror on this model.

My wife hit a truck and the driver side mirror needed to be replaced. I bought one off of eBay and it came with a mirror that has the turn signal built in the mirror.

During replacement, the original side mirror had 3 wires go from the door harness to the mirror. Im assuming that was the power mirror and the defrost.

The replacement had I think 5 or 6 wires that fit perfectly into the wire harness. Could those wire be for the turn signal?

Is there a way to turn these on? Thank you in advance

Greg

·
Old DriveAccord Soul
1,808 Posts
Hi everyone

I have a 2016 Honda Accord LX - base model. Originally the side mirros do NOT have the built in turn signal into the side mirror on this model.

My wife hit a truck and the driver side mirror needed to be replaced. I bought one off of eBay and it came with a mirror that has the turn signal built in the mirror.

During replacement, the original side mirror had 3 wires go from the door harness to the mirror. Im assuming that was the power mirror and the defrost.

The replacement had I think 5 or 6 wires that fit perfectly into the wire harness. Could those wire be for the turn signal?

Is there a way to turn these on? Thank you in advance

Greg

The additional wires on the mirror harness are for the turn signal and heating element. As you can see those additional wires are not on the LX's wire harness to the mirror, so it's not plug and play. You'd have to run wires to the turn signal source to make it work.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've found that Honda does not make lower trim levels of any of their vehicles easy to upgrade to options on the higher trim levels. With respect to electrical upgrades, Honda makes the wiring harnesses very specific to each trim level so you won't find extra wires that are available to plug and play an option like turn-signal mirrors. It's also likely that Honda turns off the pin-outs on the BCM so even if you were able to get the correct wire harness and plug it in, you'd probably need the diagnostic interface at the dealership or possibly even the factory to be able to turn on certain features.

I looked into adding the factory turn-signal mirrors to my 2014 EX-L Pilot from the Touring trim and after all the research I did it wasn't going to be worth the time/money/effort.

·
Old DriveAccord Soul
1,808 Posts
I've found that Honda does not make lower trim levels of any of their vehicles easy to upgrade to options on the higher trim levels. With respect to electrical upgrades, Honda makes the wiring harnesses very specific to each trim level so you won't find extra wires that are available to plug and play an option like turn-signal mirrors. It's also likely that Honda turns off the pin-outs on the BCM so even if you were able to get the correct wire harness and plug it in, you'd probably need the diagnostic interface at the dealership or possibly even the factory to be able to turn on certain features.

I looked into adding the factory turn-signal mirrors to my 2014 EX-L Pilot from the Touring trim and after all the research I did it wasn't going to be worth the time/money/effort.
Bingo.

The LX/Sport models get an entirely different harnesses than the EX/EX-L/Touring.

·
Registered
404 Posts

·
Old DriveAccord Soul
1,808 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts