Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
241 - 249 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Honda Accord SE
143 Posts
Thanks for the explanation. The Everstart Maxx 24F at Walmart is $150 and Group 35 is $142. Core charge is extra plus taxes. Apparently, these batteries are made by Exide as previously mentioned (somewhere). Costco equivalents are about $15 less, respectively.

Costco AGM (Energizer) versions are $50-$70 more than the Walmart flooded ones. I will try to choose one of them before November-ish.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
For the Accord you don't need AGM. Just get the Walmart lead battery, save dough, and be done with it.

·
Registered
2007 Honda Accord SE
143 Posts
For the Accord you don't need AGM. Just get the Walmart lead battery, save dough, and be done with it.
Which one? I compared the 51R, 35 and 24F at Walmart and Costco - lead/flooded batteries. The 51R is lightest and the 35 is about 10 lbs heavier. The 24F is a whopping 15+ lbs heavier - e.g. 17 more comparing Walmart's Everstart MAXX batteries. The Group 34 is not much different in dimensions than the 24F but is 10 lbs lighter (34: 37.7lbs vs 24F: 44 lbs - 51R is 27.7 lbs).

I was wondering why ppl choose the 24F.

I suppose a V6 engine will add weight to the front so these battery weight differences don't mean much? My original idea was to go with a group 35 upgrade since it is in many Honda Accords and the V6 battery hardware are specifically for group 35 batteries (if I am so inclined to get - depends on price/$). I've watched a few upgrade videos so doesn't seem too difficult. I plan on buying a battery by November - when I should have enough $. I definitely want it before winter starts - if I DIY, I don't want to be doing this in the cold/snow.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I would think the heavier battery would be built better (stronger lead plates maybe).

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I put in the 24F

Reactions: kazhuveri

·
Lowest mileage 9th gen v6 on this forum!!
115 Posts
Here's me group 35 upgrade in the 2003 lx 4-banger

I went with an Odyssey. 675cca /110rc / 59ah. It's been absolutely amazing!
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

·
115 Posts
I bought the hooks, battery tray, battery dress, and the hold down bracket from bernardi parts new about 3 years ago. At the time I bought an optima red top 35 from AutoZone. It lasted 2 and a half years. I got the Odyssey under warranty replacement from AutoZone.

·
115 Posts
Cool! Those parts, the 'j hooks' (?) and hold down plate look used?
I bought the hooks, battery tray, battery dress, and the hold down bracket from bernardi parts new about 3 years ago. At the time I bought an optima red top 35 from AutoZone. It lasted 2 and a half years. I got the Odyssey under warranty replacement from AutoZone.

241 - 249 of 249 Posts