Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Probably Hungover...
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw another thread on this but it was quite old. I want to replace my turn signals with LED bulbs but don't feel like splicing wires to install a relay. Does anyone know where to find a LED flasher unit for the 06 Accord?

I tried Autolumination.com awhile back but they said they didn't have one, I can;t seem to pull mine out does anyone have a picture of the blades on it?

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
You shouldn't need a relay to install the bulbs. Just plug them in and they'll work.

The problem usually is that the LEDs lower power draw makes the circuitry believe the bulb is burned out so you get hyperflash - the blinker flashes quickly. You have to install a load resistor to simulate the higher power draw of a filament bulb to eliminate the hyperflash.

No way around it that I know of.

·
Probably Hungover...
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will I need a relay for each bulb? Also how hard are they to install, is it just a matter of cutting open the wire and electrical taping them together?

·
Registered
400 Posts
your sign will blink faster than usual. personally, i don't like this, so i switch back to the original bulb. adding resistor to the wiring? well i don't like to splice the wire too much. the shop that i purchased the led bulb gave me some resistor (white ceramic) to be installed to the wiring, but i left them alone.

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts