Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All.

I drive a 2008 Honda Accord and I noticed its factory headlight bulbs are getting rather dim so I would like to replace them. I would like a brighter and whiter bulb, but I don't want to do an LED conversion so I have been looking at Halogen options. I found these Sylvania 9006 SilverStar Ultra bulbs online that look appealing but I am not sure if they fit my car since I am rather new to researching this. And I assume I would also have to replace my DRL/high beam bulbs as well so both lights match in color. Does anyone have any recommendations for what I should get? Any advice would be appreciated

Thank You.

·
2020 best year
4,158 Posts

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Good quality LED headlights are expensive. Something like the Diode Dynamics SL1 would be a good choice for LED. They run $150 a pair.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
2020 best year
4,158 Posts
Why halogen? I hate that orange look. LED is much more clear and brightens things up a ton.
Because the purpose of headlights are to illuminate the road, NOT for show? Unless you only have your Accord around as a show car, useful light is more important.

LEDs are a bit of a mixed bag. Most of them are capable of more raw lumens, but they ultimately emit light differently from halogen bulbs and your beam patterns won't be the same. Also, most LEDs tend to be on the bluer side. Yellow lights are actually better at helping you see, especially in bad weather.

Sent via MHA-L29. Whatever.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you want to stay with halogen, check your lens. They might need cleaning or replacement. You’d be surprised how much light gets blocked by hazy or clouded lens

1 - 7 of 7 Posts