Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Cruzing Through Life!
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with these head lights or have an opinion?

Attachments

·
Cruzing Through Life!
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Although no one replied, I thought I would let you all know I cancelled this order today after I called the company and the person that answered the phone told me I should add sealer to the seams of the light. This was to ensure I would not have a leak...her comment made me realize it would be better to purchase new from Honda.

·
2020 best year
4,158 Posts
They probably still seal better than RX-8 taillights.

Seems like most people don't have good luck with these aftermarket headlights as they leak easily.

·
Urban_Farmer
24 Posts
Although no one replied, I thought I would let you all know I cancelled this order today after I called the company and the person that answered the phone told me I should add sealer to the seams of the light. This was to ensure I would not have a leak...her comment made me realize it would be better to purchase new from Honda.
Yeah, it's tough. For one, those headlights are waay expensive to have to go in and seal. But, I've replaced headlights with aftermarket on many cars and it's not even a question anymore to do my due diligence and future proof them with silicone. I just replaced my OEM ones a couple months ago with cleared out smoked OEM-style heads and was really impressed with the construction. I still sealed. BTW, the smoked lights i put on cost $135 shipped. Thats just a few $$ more than factory replacements and they look soo much nicer.

·
Cruzing Through Life!
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, it's tough. For one, those headlights are waay expensive to have to go in and seal. But, I've replaced headlights with aftermarket on many cars and it's not even a question anymore to do my due diligence and future proof them with silicone. I just replaced my OEM ones a couple months ago with cleared out smoked OEM-style heads and was really impressed with the construction. I still sealed. BTW, the smoked lights i put on cost $135 shipped. Thats just a few $$ more than factory replacements and they look soo much nicer.
Would you mind sharing a picture and the brand or a link to the lights, if you still have it.
Thanks in advance!

·
Urban_Farmer
24 Posts

·
Cruzing Through Life!
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I decided to do a cleanup on my headlights until I decide which replacement lights to go with...
This Maguires product does a really good job for just rubbing them.

If your lights are really bad, use this 3M product from Walmart

Attachments

·
Cruzing Through Life!
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used the Maguires on the drivers side headlight and it is clear. The headlights still need to be replaced because they are full of small cracks probably cause by the Florida sun and heat...but for now, I will keep that money in my pocket.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts