21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Registered
23 Posts
I owned a set of cinturado p7 four seasons and they were fantastic. Depending on what you are looking for they road very quietly and wore evenly and had great traction in all areas including light snow and ice. I thought they were a high quality tire with a top notch warranty at 70,000 Miles and I traded my car with 47500 on the tires with at least 25-30000 Mike's left on them. I would definitely buy them again. Not only that but I got a 100$ visa card with my purchase at discount tire which I highly recommend. Tremendous company and a great company model as far as customer service and support

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
5,294 Posts
You guys running the CINTURATO P7 ALL SEASON PLUS. Any issue with balancing? Ive read a few reviews where people had issues with getting them to balance out.

I can not stand a shaking car.

Right now torn between the following:

Continental TrueContact

Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus

Jay

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
You guys running the CINTURATO P7 ALL SEASON PLUS. Any issue with balancing? Ive read a few reviews where people had issues with getting them to balance out.

I can not stand a shaking car.

Right now torn between the following:

Continental TrueContact

Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus

Jay
Subbing to see what you get. I'm leaning towards the Pirelli's based upon what I've read. But I've got another year (or more) to go before needing new tires.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
5,294 Posts
Subbing to see what you get. I'm leaning towards the Pirelli's based upon what I've read. But I've got another year (or more) to go before needing new tires.
It may be a bit as I might be able to eek one more season out of my OE GYs. Depends how they do in the rain.

Jay

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have been running the Cinturatos for about a month. No issues with balancing, shaking or shimmying yet.

Well, half a month

·
Registered
335 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,434 Posts
I'm on my second set of the Michelin MXM4's on my Sport and both times they've needed to be replaced just at 40,000 miles. Michelin I thought these were rated to 55,000 Miles!!!! I'm hoping the Pirelli's will perform better in snow than the Michelins and last a little bit longer.
FYI - When you get new tires, ask the tire shop for a pro-rated refund. If you only got 40,000 miles and the tread life warranty is 55,000, you may get $$ towards purchase of the new tires.

We go to a nearby Discount Tires that has always been great to deal with. We got $150 towards the Contis on my wife's RX because the the Goodyears wore 15,000 short of their tread life warranty limit.

·
2010 2.4EX
175 Posts
So I replaced my original 18" wheels and Goodyear Eagle LS-2 tires with
some 17" Accord wheels and Pirelli Cinturato All Season Plus tires today.
The Eagles are the original equipment tires, and I was up to around 48,660
miles on them. They were doing fine, I still had significant treadwear left,
but I wanted to try out the Pirellis before the struts/suspension got too much
wear on them. I went down to the 17s in hopes that I would get a somewhat
softer ride.

Ride quality is about the same, and despite the Cinturatos getting high marks
on Tire Rack's website for being quiet, I would say they are no more quiet than
the Goodyears. When I ordered the Cinturatos from Tire Rack, I debated whether
to get the V-rated or H-rated version of the tire. I went with the V-rated, since the
Goodyears are also V-rated, and I did not want a totally mushy cornering
experience with the new tires.

In hindsight, I would say that I probably should have gone with the H-rated tires,
which would have meant a somewhat less stiff sidewall. It's not enough to go
from an 18 to a 17 with taller sidewall if you want a softer ride, apparently. You
also better pay attention to the rubber compounding/speed rating. To anybody
out there who is thinking about going from V-rated to H-rated rubber, I would say,
don't even hesitate, just go all the way, if you are seeking a softer ride. Extreme
times call for extreme measures.

Also, I would just add that now I really don't understand the people who hate the
LS-2 Goodyears. They are easily as quiet as the Pirellis, which get an average
rating of 9.1 for quietness on Tire Rack, and they have absolutely spectacular
treadlife. I replaced them at at around 48,660, and I would guess that I could have
gotten another 10,000 to 12,000 miles of treadlife out of them before they would
have been down to the wear bars. Plus, they corner great. They are still available
on Tire Rack if anyone wants to try them out.

I live in Long Beach, CA, so performance in snow is just not an issue for me. The
Eagles LS-2 have been doing fine in the rain, though.
I purchased, for my 2010 EX, presently at 76,000miles on the odoometer, the direct successor to the tires you put on your Accord - the Plus II's. My vehicle placard calls for load/speed rating of 93V - a difficult combination to find ten years after this car came out - so I went with the far more common 94V, same size as OEM. It is not recommended to go a speed rating below that which the carmaker specified on that door sticker, so I sought out v-rated tires, but did not find any with satisfactory winter ratings on Tire Rack or other retailers.

So far, so smooth, reasonably responsive, neither the loudest nor quietest tire I've driven with. I've gotten through most of the year with them, but feel that the real test will be the months of January-April, when the most snow will be on the ground. Hondas, from the factory, I feel are not the most sound-deadened vehicles out there, although I'm sure their premium division, Acura, is amply insulated in this regard.

I'm no MIBby, so I run only 1-2psi cold over what is listed on the tire & load placard(32psi cold), 33psi in summer and 34psi in winter. I'm quite satisfied with the handling, ride, and comfort at those cold pressures. Afterall, that's why Honda published 32psi for that trim and wheel combination - and not 39 or 45psi.

The All Season Plus IIs strike a good balance between straight-line stability and response to steering input, being that this car calls for an OEM aspect ratio of 50-Series. They are taut and firm riders, but that may be as much from the low profile specification for this trim level of Accord as it is from these tires.

Braking and acceleration are on par for such relatively wide, low-profile tires, and I have so far not had many oppties. to experience the traction assist or antilock brakes in conjunction with them.

A winter update will be forthcoming.

·
Registered
712 Posts
My 2013 Coupe came with the Good year Eagle tires, they were good for 55K miles, since then I've swapped them for P7 Cinturato All Season Plus and they've been just as good if not better in comparison. I've put about 30K miles on the Pirellis and there's plenty of life left. I'm in SoCal so it doesn't rain here much for reference.

Cost of the tires were $735 which included installation and tax.

·
3-Time Accord Owner
1,143 Posts
I am mid-way through my second set of the P7 Cinturato Plus (Series 1), and I LOVE them! After experiencing cupping in the 20k range with the original Bridgestones, I faithfully rotate my P7s at every 5k multiple on the odometer, and keep them at about 37 psi front and 35 rear. My commute is about 105 miles daily, so until Covid I was racking up close to 30k miles per year, about 97% of it being Interstate travel.

Before trying the second set of P7s I bought a set of the Michelin Primacy Tour A/S, which were supposed to be quiet. And maybe they had less "whoosh" but they had more rumble. Exercising Michelin's excellent warranty I had Costco remove them and install the second set of P7s and it was like putting on that comfortable pair of shoes. Yeah they had a little more "whoosh", but no rumble and were smooth as silk and still plenty quiet. I love these tires!

My first set delivered 62K miles, but had 4/32" tread and easily could have gone 70k - I only removed them because winter was coming and the Michelin sale was running out.

I am looking forward to getting a set of the P7 Series 2 as soon as the current set wears out. From what I read about them they are supposed to solve the one weakness of the Series 1: wet traction. Not that it's been a glaring problem, but just the one relative weak point in an all-around excellent tire.

·
2010 2.4EX
175 Posts
and keep them at about 37 psi front and 35 rear.
Yikes!!

What Year/Trim Accord and what size tire is that?

Anything over 34psi in the 225-50R17 94V All Season Plus iis on my 2010 EX and the ride gets too harsh, steering wayyy too light! I experimented with high-30s-40psi just for a couple days, and would never go that far over 32psi again. The steering wheel doesn't even center itself from turns with that dang much pressure in the tires.

Door placard, people, please!

·
3-Time Accord Owner
1,143 Posts
What Year/Trim Accord and what size tire is that?
I thought my avatar would explain it and I don't know what happened to my signature, but I have a 2015 Sport, and the tire size is 235/45-18. Interestingly the door sticker/stock tire psi spec is staggered, at 1 psi more in front than rear, like 33 front/32 rear (IIRC).

I have experimented with higher tire pressures, but the 36-37 front, 35 rear combo seems to be the sweet spot for me and this car ride comfort, handling feel, and tire wear.

Edit: Apparently signature line count has become more limited since my last signature update, so I had to edit my signature to eliminate lines to get it to work again.

·
2010 2.4EX
175 Posts
I thought my avatar would explain it and I don't know what happened to my signature, but I have a 2015 Sport, and the tire size is 235/45-18. Interestingly the door sticker/stock tire psi spec is staggered, at 1 psi more in front than rear, like 33 front/32 rear (IIRC).

I have experimented with higher tire pressures, but the 36-37 front, 35 rear combo seems to be the sweet spot for me and this car ride comfort, handling feel, and tire wear.

Edit: Apparently signature line count has become more limited since my last signature update, so I had to edit my signature to eliminate lines to get it to work again.
Did you try driving it with 33/32psi, or 34/33?

·
Super Moderator
6,689 Posts
I run 38 to 40psi at all times. What harshness?! Tires don't compress as much around corners and is more resilient to pot holes at higher psi. Driving on 32psi feels like marshmallow.

68k on the original P7 until one got a puncture near the sidewall then I dumped the whole set for the 2nd gen.

·
2010 2.4EX
175 Posts
I run 38 to 40psi at all times. What harshness?! Tires don't compress as
much around corners and is more resilient to pot holes at higher psi.
Driving on 32psi feels like marshmallow.

68k on the original P7 until one got a puncture near the sidewall then I
dumped the whole set for the 2nd gen.
We are both 'biased' - pardon the pun - in our tire & driving experiences:

Me, being from the bias-ply-to-early radial era, plus when tires had actual sidewalls, used to 20-34psi cold pressures, and you: conditioned from experience to little else besides tires inflated at least 5psi over vehicle mfg. recommendations on the tire & load placard. That last part is not totally your fault, as most (supposedly) certified mechs. nowadays lean toward the max cold pressure on the tires themselves when adjusting customers'(and presumably their own) tires.

So it is understandable that the correct cold pressure feels like "marshmallow" to you.

I calibrate customer TVs as a sideline for income. About one-third of my clients complain that the accurate settings are "too dim", the color "dull", and "not sharp enough". They're biased toward months, or years, of watching in factory TV settings(Store mode, or "Dynamic"/"Vivid" preset). But I advise them: Stick with the calibrated for one week. Most of them get used to accurate, and would never go back to "Vivid" again, particularly when I mention that such mode can shorten the display life by 2-3 years!

·
Super Moderator
6,689 Posts
Max cold pressure is DANGEROUS. You should never pump tires to max cold pressure because ambient temp plus driving condition can inflate many more PSIs then you get a blowout. I've caught discount tires doing this and had to lower it back down. Always read the sidewall for max pressure supported and fall between those ranges. I drive in pot hole ridden Chicago area and going over "manufacture recommended" 32psi helps a ton. I also run lower PSI and -1.5 camber in the rear to help with stickiness around corners. If you feel like you want comfort and where you live the ambient temp does not vary much, then go with 32psi. Around the Chicago area, sometimes the temp can vary 30 to 50 degrees in a day during the winter, running 32psi cold while ambient temp was 60 degree when you pumped tires means 28/29psi if ambient temp drops suddenly to 32, then it means blowout if I carry load.

So up to you what you'd like to run. I run way higher psi for various reasons. Running the P7 at 38PSI is not harsh either, unlike Michellins.

·
2010 2.4EX
175 Posts
Max cold pressure is DANGEROUS. You should never pump tires
to max cold pressure because ambient temp plus driving condition
can inflate many more PSIs then you get a blowout.
Preachin' to the choir here.

Tell it to the MIBbies, and other drivers and garage techs who run 3-5psi below the Max on the tire. It's done more that way more often than otherwise.

So up to you what you'd like to run.
I run what the carmaker says to run, plus maybe 1-2psi over to avoid having to micro-manage my tire pressures, particularly during winter.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts