Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently looking for replacement upper ball joints for my car (listed below). It has 117k and one of my ball joints are shot, so I plan on redoing all the ball joints along with lower control arm bushings and sway bar bushings all at once. I researched and Honda only offers replacement lower ball joints which I ordered. For the upper ball joint though, you must buy the entire upper control arm from Honda if you want to replace the upper ball joint. Not something I want to do, so I am considering aftermarket options. There are adjustable upper ball joints from SPC, Ingalls, etc. which share the same ball joints with 7th gen Accords, Integra's, etc.. I was wondering if anyone knows if the non-adjustable upper ball joints from the 7th Gen Accord will also fit the 8th gen? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had the SPC upper balls joints and I think they fit other models caused there just pressed in and a ball joint is pretty much a ball joint.. you have to order the complete upper control arm just to replace the upper ball joint...

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the SPC upper balls joints and I think they fit other models caused there just pressed in and a ball joint is pretty much a ball joint.. you have to order the complete upper control arm just to replace the upper ball joint...
Thank you for the response. I am basically trying to find an aftermarket non-adjustable upper ball joint so I do not have to worry about adjustments.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
avoid aftermarket upper arms. stick with stock. I see a lot of aftermarket crap and upper ball joints are something you want to be safe with.

lower ball joint play can be checked at any time. they don't need replacement if there is no noise or excessive play.

lower arm bushings split but only about 10% through and stay like that for many many miles. they split like that very early in their life too. so I'd say leave them as is unless they are worn disgustingly.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I got the entire upper arm aftermarket with about 10K on it already...no problems here. Rockauto :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts