Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Has anyone replaced the stock 225/50R17s with 215/55/R17s on the stock Hybrid wheels? What differences have you noticed -- other than new tires of course? I would think that comfort/road noise would improve slightly, as well as snow traction, but dry handling would suffer.

· Registered
60 Posts
Certainly I am interested to hear how the 215/55/17s work out. If there is even a slight benefit with lower road noise, that would be most welcome.

Just took a 1700 mile road trip (Boise -- Denver and back) and was really pleased with how the HAH handled the road cruising duties. Plenty of smooth power, even navigating through the Rockies along I-70. So easy to drive even at speeds approaching 100mph. Overall mileage is 40.7 which is not bad for 90% highway over 75mph. Glad I chose this HAH over the Camry/Avalon hybrid.

· Registered
60 Posts
PetitFrere -- I might do this with the Pirelli Cinturato P7 AS +2:

With the 215/55/17 size in the H speed rating, each tire is only 21 lbs:
Font Circle Number Paper Pattern

However, the Pirelli warranty does not extend to non-OEM sizing if this means anything. Also may have an issue finding a decent tire installer who will install this size (the HAH manual does not list alternate tire sizing). I currently run with these Pirellis in the standard size -- these tires are excellent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts