Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

V6 Supremacist 馃槑
Victus - 2012 Honda Accord (EX-L V6)
In the past, the interval stated that the factory fill should be good for 10 years/100k if my memory serves me correctly. After that it was every 5 years/60k.

Reactions: longhornaccord

Registered
I add factory coolant as needed along the way. Then I do a full coolant flush around every 50k/60k or when it comes up on the minder, whichever comes first.

Reactions: longhornaccord

Registered
2014 Accord Sport MSM
In the past, the interval stated that the factory fill should be good for 10 years/100k if my memory serves me correctly. After that it was every 5 years/60k.
I recall the same for the service interval.
I drained/filled the coolant in my '14 Accord Sport last year. Drain/fill of the radiator was just under a gallon. I'll probably drain/fill every other year out of precaution, its relatively easy on these cars, especially when you refill using a coolant funnel.

Registered
2014 Accord Sport MSM
They do it when you get the timing belt/water pump/tensioner service. Not sure if the V6 is easy to burp the air out. These days they have a device to evacuate the air before adding coolant.
Correct, lots of shops use vacuum to fill the cooling systems on newer cars. I cannot speak for the V6 owners, but my K24w was very easy to burp air out of the system using a coolant funnel. Previous cars I've owned are not in any way easy, G35/350Z's the heater hoses run up and over the engine block, thus causing air-lock problems which can be difficult for those new to the cars.

Reactions: WiiMaster

V6 Supremacist 馃槑
Victus - 2012 Honda Accord (EX-L V6)
The J35 is not an overly difficult engine to bleed air out of. Use a spillproof funnel and it shouldn't take much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts