Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· NoelBatista18
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so im tring to install a push to start button on my 2004 accord ex-l
i have all the wiring color chart and relays i need (i think)

anyways long story short
i can wire everything up to work except for the accersories

i have a toggle the goes from the 12v constant from the IGN to 2 relays, one for the accesories and the the other to ign1 and ign2.

i can get the accesories to work... however if i put the key in and turn it to the first position and then flip the switch i can start the car no problem.. i dont have an immobilizer bypass and i know i need but my main concern for now is to get everything else to work..

i drew a diagram of what i did..
please tell me if i did anything wrong, thanks

Text Diagram Line Design Drawing

· Registered
1,596 Posts
what i found really interesting was when i rented a Charger and you dont put the keys in the ignition but on top of the lower center console tray, then press the Start button you speak of

2:16 into this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqJBTBCtPa8

its a nifty idea and hope you get it sorted out

BTW, you can post on sites like badcaps.net Forums, there are super knowledgeable people there about all things eletronic

i know this picture has nothing to do with this, but usually going into paint and making a clean diagram is better than posting what looks like a very quickly drawn out diagram

· NoelBatista18
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@ikethegreat i does have a ground because it lights up when pressed.. i succesfully got this working.. i will be posting pictures up soon. my next step is to get my immobilizer bypass in.

Plus here is a new diagram.
i didnt need the keysence so i added a relay from the brake to the starter for an OEM feel to it

Text Line Diagram Font Parallel

Ill try to get some pictures or a video as soon as i can.

· Registered
1,596 Posts
i dislike the amount of resistance on that spring, i know its a very minor thing but i replaced that whole panel with custom switch panel and kept the "ashtray" and covered up the THIS IS NOT AN ASHTRAY and use it for change

it looks good and that cover protects it in the unlikely chance of spilling a drink or something but most PUSH Start Buttons aren't covered

if it were me, again i know its a minor thing but the amount of times you will be turning on the car from there, i would relieve some tension on the black spring on the back of the cover

just a thought, looks good!...better video next time?

found this Diagram, hope it helps

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/diy-...121-diy-push-start-button-wiring-diagram.html

· NoelBatista18
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks and I appreciate your response.. This was the first time I ever did something like this.. I'm sure in the future I'll do some modding to it.. I like the button covered I actually don't mind it, I park my car in the streets in Brooklyn so I have to limit what I do to my car.. Also the diagram u showed me is actually very similar, the only difference is that I added a toggle switch to turn on my ignition.. And a hidden kill switch.. I don't need a key at all. I flip my toggle and it turn on my ignition, push start and I'm ready to go..

I'm actually not done yet. I'm still waiting on a transponder bypass I ordered

· Registered
1,596 Posts
I flip my toggle and it turn on my ignition, push start and I'm ready to go..
you should DEFINITELY check w/your Insurance about this

god forbid but if your Car got stolen and they found out you had such a device, you might be in a very tough situation

i would recommend it requiring some key to be physically placed in the Ignition for Insurance purposes

· NoelBatista18
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah ive been thinking about that. So Ive been working on a relay switch that activates my toggle when I unlock my car. when I lock my car it deactivates my toggle. So even if someone gets into my cat they can't turn it on.

Text Line Diagram Parallel Font

Relay 2 is setup up to latch then I unlock through relay 1, relay one cuts the power of the "latch" when I lock my car.

· Registered
1,596 Posts
question: do you have an Alarm? At the very least the OEM Alarm?

i ask because if you do or plan to get an Aftermarket Alarm, if anything were to happen and your car was stolen then recovered, you could argue that it was apart of the Alarm install to act as another Safe Guard on top of the Alarm

just imagine this situation: you install a Push Button Start that lets you start your Car WITHOUT the Key, even with a Kill Switch. It gets stolen but then is Recovered in tact. THEN an investigator for the Insurance company asks you what this is? then you have to explain what you did beyond OEM

any reputable Insurance company would most likely deny your Theft Claim and leave you with the Bill to fix any damages

just a thought but WITH an Alarm, seems like it can be argued that it was in fact a Kill Switch or something like a Club to make it take longer time for a thief

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.