Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
aka 'The Gif King'
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did some shopping online because I think I might need to replace my o2 sensor (on the cat) car has over 91k miles. Anyway almost every site is asking whether it's for California Emissions or not. Thought about just stopping by Autozone and purchasing one, but the site is also asking if it's just for Federal or California...

From my understandings, my car is SULEV and has California Emissions... but I don't live in California, do I still have to purchase California o2 sensor?

·
Banned
578 Posts
If you didnt buy your car in Cali, you probably dont have the Cali spec car unless you bought used???

IMO, buy Honda OEM O2 sensors (too many issues with aftermarket O2 sensors), and make sure thats what you really need. Some replace them after 100k as maintenance items, but personally I wouldn’t do it unless you’re trying to solve a problem. Like poor MPG's.

Edit: Forgot to mention, use your VIN#. Try the Honda eStore, plug in your VIN and you'll instantly know what you've got and have access to the correct parts lists.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts