Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to replace my shocks and struts with some Oredy shocks/struts coils from ebay. I've read a few DIYs here but no mention of alignment. Do I need to and if so, how much should I pay, because the shops around me are out there price wise, Thanks for your help

·
8th Gen Believer
3,817 Posts
Yes you should do a 4-wheel alignment after suspension work. The price will vary by shop and where you're located.

·
Registered
21 Posts
it is always a good idea to do alignment after any suspension job. but in this case, on the accord the owner never touched the outer or inner tie rods (which are the only adjustment we have) why would he/she need an alignment? just asking out of curiosity

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I never do an alignment after replacing shocks and have never had tire wear due to it. Replacing your shocks/struts shouldn't have any affect on your wheel alignment.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I was really hoping this is what I would hear. I don't drive much and will just keep shopping until I can afford an alignment after I change my shocks/struts if I even do it. I appreciate the help.

·
^^vv<><>BA
12,224 Posts
Instead of wondering whether you need one or not, why not take advantage of the free alignment checks offered by many Honda dealers and base your decision off that?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll look for it, I was just waiting to save to buy shocks and didn't want to screw something up if I didn't have the money for an alignment right away. Thanks I'll check out my local dealer

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Just be ready for the dealer to come at you with $1500 worth of suggested repairs.

$59 for a new cabin air filter.
$159 for new power steering fluid
$199 for new brake fluid
etc.

That's why dealers do free things. They hope you're so gullible that you'll actually pay $59 for a $5 cabin air filter that takes 3 minutes to change.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, Thanks, I'm gonna keep alignment shopping until I find someone that will let me watch the procedure, then I'll change my shocks and go back

1 - 11 of 11 Posts