Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing both front struts with Honda assemblies in a couple of weeks, since I have a leaking passenger side strut. Decided it would be easier to go with the assemblies so I don't have to deal with compressing the spring.

I've done a ton of reading and talked to a few people who have done this process, and it seems like it's not terribly hard except for a few things. I know the pinch bolt and/or the strut fork bolt can possibly be seized and hard to remove. Any way to make this easier? I did see a few cases of people breaking the pinch bolt head off...hopefully that doesn't happen or it'll be a very bad day.

Also, anything else to look out for when replacing the struts?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would spray the strut fork bolt with penetrating oil everyday for a week before you do the job. Good luck. Let us know how the job goes and any advice you might have. I plan to attempt this on my brother's Accord this spring.

·
Registered
133 Posts
the bolt for my fork was so seized that the head broke off for me. Ended up taking a saw the the bolt and replacing the fork. i would spray it with a penetrating oil like ^^ said and if you can use a strong air impact gun to remove it. Also when you go to reinstall and put everything back together put anti-seize on the shaft of the fork bolt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts