Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Accord EXL V6
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2008 Accord EX-L V6 sedan, non-navi, and I am looking into replacing the radio.I have looked on this forum and throughout the internet as well. I can't find an apple CarPlay screen that will fit in place of the little clock/compass screen. I have seen a couple people install android auto radios but none of apple CarPlay. I'm not sure if it can hold a single or double DIN, or if it can even be done. If anyone can help that would be great! Thank you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have installed win ce player 7 years back foe my 2012 accord. It's working fine although it's herw extremely hot (today was 49 c°). It's still functioning. But it's outdated. I'm thinking to replace it with android. They calim it has carplay.. Check the lnk below

#Aliexpress SAR 1,242.22 25%OFF | 10.1" IPS 8Core 4G+64G Android 9.0 Car DVD Player For Honda Accord 8 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 GPS Radio DSP CarPlay Parrot

US $280.5 25% OFF|10.1

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
126 Posts
I’m not really familiar with the ‘08 dashboard, but assume it has the stereo in the center and a screen up top. Crutchfield lists double DIN touchscreen units compatible with the ‘08, and some pictures I’ve seen look like it replaces the center stereo control unit from the climate controls down. Not sure what happens with the up top screen after that.

·
Registered
77 Posts
All of the dash mods that I have seen on the 8th gen never replace that little clock screen. I was interested in doing the same thing, but I only ever see dash screen mods at the bottom, underneath all of the center stack buttons and just above the power outlet. It's really a strange place to have a screen, so I decided to leave mine fully stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts