Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty close to 65K miles on my 2017 HAH, and lately with all the rain in KS, the wet traction has been a little scary. Will be replacing the tires before the winter sets in. Has anyone tried the Michelin Premier a/s tires on HAH? I am assuming I will lose some MPG, for better grip. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have the Premiers going on 2 years now- 21,000 miles. No complaints. I did get stuck on a hill in a snowstorm in Syracuse last year. That was due to other cars stopping (stuck) and my momentum stopped. It was 6" of unplowed snow. But I got to where I needed to go and given the conditions I was surprised I did better than some SUVs on that hill.

The other characteristic of the "premier" tires is that as they wear, the grooves get wider for water displacement. I am not there yet with mine, but my wife's Jeep GC has the "premier" LTX tire that is close to the wear bars and it has not hydroplaned at all in wet weather.

Gas mileage is similar to the Primacy MXV that came on the car. Ride and handling is the same, if not marginally better. I got ~50,000 miles on the MXV and replaced them when they started losing wet grip and before the winter. Michelin has rebates frequently, best to buy at that time. It's a top rated AS tire that checks all the buttons for 4 season weather.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can't believe I searched for this subject, created my own discussion, and then found your post. If you're still receiving notifications for it, what was the outcome of your decision. I am having a similar debate right now. 70K on the Energy Savers - considering the Bridgestone Turanza Quiettrack (80K) or the Michelin Crossclimate+ (50K).

·
8th Gen Believer
3,893 Posts
Use the search feature.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts