Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the smartest moves I've done. Looks sleek as actually makes a difference in light output.
Ordered some 68smd t90 bulbs on eBay. Here's a look at the finished product.
Snow Vehicle Car Winter storm Mid-size car

·
Just got my 11 EX sedan!
182 Posts
ya but how much backing up do ya do? although i back in my driveway 100% of the time. mite light up more, and be useful. hmmmm mite give it a go. were they expansive?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah true they are probably 80% cosmetic for myself. Yes fairly cheap, under 20 for a pair.

·
Just got my 11 EX sedan!
182 Posts
hmmm mite get a set. would be useful in my situation.

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
2 questions:

1. Is that an 06 coupe?
2. Is the LED color that "cool white?"

Also your title makes this sound like a tutorial. Just an FYI.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
would that be a difference in color, or a difference in the lumens?
Definitely a difference in color. I'm not sure the details of the lumens but to my eyes it is indeed brighter.

2 questions:

1. Is that an 06 coupe?
2. Is the LED color that "cool white?"

Also your title makes this sound like a tutorial. Just an FYI.
1. 04 coupe ex-v6
2. It's just white.
Text Product Font Technology Electronic device

For a tutorial here's the steps:

For a coupe there's plastic panels in behind your rear tail lights located in your trunk. You pop them off and you will see 3 bulb harness'. The middle one is your reverse slot. To remove you simply give it a twist counterclock wise a quarter turn to remove the bulb. Remember to use gloves on your old existing halogen and simply just replace the bulb with the led (it helps to put your car on auxiliary mode and put it into neutral once the LEDs are put in, but before you pop the harness back in the housing to make sure the hot neutral isn't switched on the bulb so it will illuminate)
Once you have established that the new LEDs are popped into the bulb socket and are lighting up you may put the socket back into the house. Give I a quarter turn back the other way and pop back the plastic covers.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I found the light output on the ground significantly decreased, but the light emitted is a big difference.

I personally don't use them

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found the light output on the ground significantly decreased, but the light emitted is a big difference.

I personally don't use them
Hmm the light from my led license plate bulbs actually lights the ground for me significantly.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i use reverse lights... or i should say.. dont use them, but they are on... about 3 seconds a day.. just saying...
Cool story bro

1 - 12 of 12 Posts