Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Resetting Service Code "1" and "tool" indicator

27K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  FLHamster23 
#1 ·
HELP

Had my car serviced, including oil change, at Pep Boys. When They finished they did NOT know how to reset the negative mile indicator, the "1" service code or the "tool" indicator.

I cant get to the dealer for a while, but they said they could handle it at the service booth.

The normal turn ignition on and hold in the reset/odometer button doesn't handle this complete reset.

Any ideas or suggestions? :dunno:

#2 ·
Not knowing which car you have....here's the instructions for both. pretty much the same anyway....

Attachments

#3 ·
Thanks - here is my info
Sorry - 2006 Honda Accord LX 4Cyl 4Door-

Tried your suggestions but odometer showing MINUS miles blinking (this my 8th Honda) first with oil life indicator.

Showing blinking Minus miles a number 1 in the service code area and a tool showing No other warning lights or codes....
I cant get to the dealer for a while, but they said they could handle it at the service booth in seconds.

Just a thought, is there hidden button inside in back of drop down glove box

r:dunno:

#4 ·
No hidden buttons. You just need to follow the instructions. They should also be in your owner's manual. Make sure your key is on when needed & of when needed. Make sure you hold for the amount of time indicated.

#5 ·
HELP

Had my car serviced, including oil change, at Pep Boys. When They finished they did NOT know how to reset the negative mile indicator, the "1" service code or the "tool" indicator.

Just hold down the Trip Buttom for about 10 to 20 seconds, untill display blinks, then release, and Hold down again untill it displays 100%

#8 ·
It may be an OLD thread, but then so is my Accord. Had it a week and that yellow wrench is getting on my nerves!
Then down in the digital display is a 12 with a space and then a long number. That comes up every time I start the car. ???
This car has probably NOT been to a Honda Service Center in over ten years. Runs good though!
I want to take care of it as best I can and keep it on the road as long as I can.

Is Honda still recommending 5W20 motor oil? Some other companies, like KIA, have changed that to 5W30. I have no idea what has been put in this car, but when I do change the oil (myself) I want to use the right grade. It won't be synthetic.

Thanks for any help,
FLHamster :cool:

#9 ·
WOW! In post #2 above, the third option was exactly what I needed. The little yellow Wrench and the service reminder numbers are all GONE! PTL!
That's the fastest help I ever got from a Forum, of any description.
I printed out that information and tucked it in to the Owner's manual which I keep in the glove box.

A million Thanks!
FLH :cool:

#11 ·
The info in Option 1 and 2 maybe, but what I read in option #3 I did not find in the manual.
But that's OK, I found what I needed and the problem is solved.
I also read about one man that had a PCV valve problem and changed his...
So I ordered a new one from Rock Auto, for under $2. The shipping was more than the valve.
But I'm trying everything I can do to update this car, with 412,000 miles on the odometer.
* The UPS man just came with the new Cabin Air Filter that I bought for the car.

:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.