Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting the load resistors in the turning signals of my 2009 accord. I jus dont know which wire to splice. The drivers side has one red wire and two others. The passenger side is 3 different colors but no red wire. pics included , plz help.

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
It's much easier to do it in the rear. It doesn't matter where the led bulbs are front/rear they all share the same circuit. Also in the rear there are only two wires so it's a no brainier.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's much easier to do it in the rear. It doesn't matter where the led bulbs are front/rear they all share the same circuit. Also in the rear there are only two wires so it's a no brainier.
ooohhh wow , u jus blew my mind!! I thought that i needed to use a resistor for each led because i also have leds in the rear. so i only need one for each side?

·
Registered
745 Posts
It depends on the resistors you are using. Most common are 50w 6ohm. You will need one for each bulb. You can purchase different load resistors with a different impedance that may only require you to run 2 resistors. Furthermore I have doubled them up in the rear. So 4 total, 2 on each side in the rear I'm not sure on the values for the ones you would only need two of. Also just wire the ones in you have. The idea is they just suck up some of the extra juice the led bulbs don't need. Even tho you have 4 bulbs they might slow em down enough without buying anything else. Good luck.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It depends on the resistors you are using. Most common are 50w 6ohm. You will need one for each bulb. You can purchase different load resistors with a different impedance that may only require you to run 2 resistors. Furthermore I have doubled them up in the rear. So 4 total, 2 on each side in the rear I'm not sure on the values for the ones you would only need two of. Also just wire the ones in you have. The idea is they just suck up some of the extra juice the led bulbs don't need. Even tho you have 4 bulbs they might slow em down enough without buying anything else. Good luck.
thank u very much

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
theres 3 wires in the back also....no idea which is which

·
Registered
745 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts