1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
VTAKKKK
1,154 Posts
It is fiberglass. I purchased a sedan lip from that seller a while back and fitment was 95%, I never bother to modify it to fit perfect since I sold the lip after. If you are lowered or plan to be lowered I would stay away from getting a fiberglass front lip.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea
I plan to lower it
I hav a body kit now and can't lower it but i want to so thats y i want a lip but the only abs plastic ones i can find r for sedans and idk if they would fit the same cuz i dont deel lik having alot to mod to get it to fit

·
Povy > Dreaminaccord
736 Posts
There are tons of lips on eBay. I see them all the time. Search accord mugen lip or hfp lip. Tons come up.

Mine is the frp. I was recommended to a certain seller but fitment was awful. I had to take a dremel to it just to get it on there and still am having issues with gaps.

I contacted the seller and they don't even seem to care. They just said "wow we don't get complaints about that lip." And that was pretty much it.

Pics

It's crooked

Drivers fog

Pass fog

You can see how passengers side is nice and flush but drivers side is above the cutout ledge. Ordering inspire fogs soon do maybe that will help the look.
Also there is about a 1.5 finger gap on the lower grill area. The lip doesn't even touch it. Oh well it looks alright I guess.

More pics

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hav u had any problems besides fitment?
And was it hard modding it make it fit?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So dont get it?
How much can u lower it with a lip cuz with my body kit i could only go an inch and id b scraping everywhere
So with a lip i think id b ably to go a little lower

·
Legitimate hack
1,415 Posts
Let me expand on my waving post above. As CYANiDE and many others here know, I have an FRP OEM replica lip on my sedan. I scrape the ever living piss out of it everyday but that's just on my driveway because the transition from the street blows. Also, I'm up in the NE. I just plowed snow yesterday with my lip on. No problems. I tuck tire at all four corners so I think you'll be alright.

Granted, getting the real deal HFP lip is better but trying to find them for a good price is rare. Fitment on my lip is pretty damn good for being a rep. Also, sedan lips don't exist anymore so I really had no choice if I wanted an OEM lip. Your call.

You can find pics of my car in the oem wheel thread. I think its two or three pages before the last page.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok
Thanks
Ill look around and try to find some different prices
So far the only full lip kit ive for a coupe is the ebay link above

·
Registered
20 Posts
I agree to not getting a fiberglass front lip. I have a 04 sedan lowered with H&R sport springs, Koni yellows shocks, and a kaminari front lip - I scrap that thing from time to time. You'll just end up spending more money on a damaged fiberglass lip and in some cases you can't repair it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wat is it?

·
Legitimate hack
1,415 Posts
Let me expand on my waving post above. As CYANiDE and many others here know, I have an FRP OEM replica lip on my sedan. I scrape the ever living piss out of it everyday but that's just on my driveway because the transition from the street blows. Also, I'm up in the NE. I just plowed snow yesterday with my lip on. No problems. I tuck tire at all four corners so I think you'll be alright.

Granted, getting the real deal HFP lip is better but trying to find them for a good price is rare. Fitment on my lip is pretty damn good for being a rep. Also, sedan lips don't exist anymore so I really had no choice if I wanted an OEM lip. Your call.

You can find pics of my car in the oem wheel thread. I think its two or three pages before the last page.
Yes, I'm bumping a slightly dead thread but here's a pic showing my daily scrape battle with the replica lip. Still holding up fine save for the rock chips.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Yes, I'm bumping a slightly dead thread but here's a pic showing my daily scrape battle with the replica lip. Still holding up fine save for the rock chips.
do you have some kind of splitter underneath the lip?

·
Legitimate hack
1,415 Posts
Those are aluminum " skid plates" I made because of the scraping.

·
EX V6 6spd
133 Posts
Did you try to Google the part number of the OEM lip? I just did it the other week, found bunch of websites, called them and they said they can order it from Honda's warehouse and it will take a week to come in. It was like $245 + ~$100 shipping. Direct from Honda so they are out there.

I had my brother order one from a local Honda dealer, he works in a body shop. Should be here Tuesday. Maybe you need to have a body shop order you one, in case they have "dibs" on these lips? Im not sure lol

·
I <3 My Honda
3,243 Posts
I bought my OEM '06-07 HFP front lip from this seller - 100% trustworthy and Honda OEM. Only have it in Silver, but I just got my body guy to paint both my front & rear lips for $300 out the door (including the $150 cost of paint, clear coat, supplies, etc.)

OEM Honda Accord '06-07 Front HFP lip

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.