Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Car had a decent layer of dust so i decided to use two different approaches. First was the spray on wipe off approach.

Noticed it streaked just a bit, but most likely due to too much product.

I went over the hood and buffed off any residue. The paint looked pretty good. Had a nice slick feeling to the paint.

The second approach was similar to an ONR wash method. I tried two ounces of product to one gallon of water. Worked well, although i felt that the lubricity wasn't as strong.

Overall i was pleased with the product and might have to tweak the dilution for a the ONR approach wash. PS The smell was awesome!

Moderator Edit: Please Note that this product was received for free by the author of this review in exchange for posting the review of this product on multiple internet based discussion forums.

·
Retired from Car Biz....
7,284 Posts
DO NOT use a waterless as a rinseless - there is a huge difference in libricirtry. I don't like waterless as they are putting dry MF's against the paint. Go rinsleess with more lubricity or a conventional wash. Waterless will scratch in the long run...

the only good use for waterless is for wheels and getting bird crap of a car...

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
10,137 Posts
One of the few times I totally disagree with Glen. I've used waterless washes since 2004 without scratching or marring. If you scrub like an idiot you will certainly bugger up the paint but common sense, good products, good technique, and good MF towels go a long way.
This was done with a waterless wash to prove that even a car that is actually too dirty can be done safely. It was my car by the way and came out scratch free after extremely close inspection.

Now as far as trying to use a waterless wash as a rinseless wash we are in agreement. That is a bad idea and invites problems. Use the products in the way they are intended.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I've been using BF WD waterless wash for a few months. I've loved it. Once a week I spray and wipe with MFs, and the car looks gorgeous again in 5 minutes. The car still looks great, but I haven't taken a flashlight to check for minor swirls. Now you've got me all concerned Glen, that maybe I should be doing rinseless.

·
Retired from Car Biz....
7,284 Posts
Do what works for you, it works for rick above, but I don't let anything touch my paint unless it is a FLOODED cloth or mitt as in a conventional wash or rinseless MF....

what's worse and you see it here, is when people don't read directions and insert their own ideas and use a product like the mfr did not intend it to be used.....

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
10,137 Posts
It appears that this guy is a shill, he is suspected of getting the product free for posting on forums since they were offering it. He also posted on Autopia and got caught.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts