Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just bought. 03 accord coupe.... I want to run 18" rims.... What size can I run and what tire size will fit?? I am going to lower it 2"s please let me know what I can run without rubbing?.. Also can I lower first...will the stock rims and tires fit?? Or do I need to get rims first

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.... I know what rims I want.... Think I am going to get h&r lowering springs... Drops the front 2" and the rear 1.7".... Just wounder can I do it with the stock rims and tires on a 03.... I am either going to get a 18x7.5 or 18x8 rim size

·
mobiless2
1,696 Posts
I'm running 225/45/18 on a 7". Can probably go 235/40/18 or 235/45/18. Might need to roll rear fenders.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I bought these, they're 18x8.75 and I'm going to run 225/40/18 tires on them. I'm dropped on s-techs, so about the same drop as you. I haven't put them on yet, but once I do I'll let you know how it goes! I have a feeling I may have to roll my fenders, especially for when I get coilovers.

And yes...you can run your stock wheels on with the lowering springs, if that's what you were asking. I've been doing that for about a year now. You will need a rear camber kit though because your camber will be out by around 2 degrees in the rear. You don't want that camber wear on your tires! :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright thanks guys.. Do u have any pics of ur car drop with the stock tires

And yes...you can run your stock wheels on with the lowering springs, if that's what you were asking. I've been doing that for about a year now. You will need a rear camber kit though because your camber will be out by around 2 degrees in the rear. You don't want that camber wear on your tires! :thumbsup:
So if I get the Megan racing springs that drop the f 2" and the r 2" I can still keep the stock tires and rims without rubbing???? Also what's a good rear camber kit for a 03 v6 coupe?sorry about all the questions

I bought these, they're 18x8.75 and I'm going to run 225/40/18 tires on them. I'm dropped on s-techs, so about the same drop as you. I haven't put them on yet, but once I do I'll let you know how it goes! I have a feeling I may have to roll my fenders, especially for when I get coilovers.
Here are rims I. Might get if they will fit

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370830720918?redirect=mobile

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I take those rims and and put some 225/40r18 I should be good...we'll I hope... Only thing is the offset on those rims are 40mm... But I think it will look good with that setup also droped 2" inchs.... Please anyone let me know if it's going to work... Not going to bye anything for a good month just trying to plan it out.........

Here is my other ride check it out...........

http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-build-logs/142937-big-blue-troyboy-build.html

·
Registered
95 Posts
So if I get the Megan racing springs that drop the f 2" and the r 2" I can still keep the stock tires and rims without rubbing???? Also what's a good rear camber kit for a 03 v6 coupe?sorry about all the questions

I'll try and get you a pic soon. Two inches won't rub at all on stock wheels. I honestly don't believe you'll rub on those wheels you're looking at either, +40 offset won't put your wheels out that far. Those wheels I posted are +20 offset wheels and I know they're going to stick out quite far. Just remember, the lower the offset, the father they stick out. Back to lowering your car, I know someone who dumped his 4 inches lol. You'll still have a long way to go before you hit the wheel well. What you will have to look out for though is pot holes, and speed bumps. I fxcking hate speed bumps. I scrape almost every time if I don't go in at an angle. And also, I went with eBay rear upper camber arms (not installed yet). $65! Looks and feels nice and sturdy. I can't afford those fancy companies yet, thanks to high tuition and barely any federal aid. :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll try and get you a pic soon. Two inches won't rub at all on stock wheels. I honestly don't believe you'll rub on those wheels you're looking at either, +40 offset won't put your wheels out that far. Those wheels I posted are +20 offset wheels and I know they're going to stick out quite far. Just remember, the lower the offset, the father they stick out. Back to lowering your car, I know someone who dumped his 4 inches lol. You'll still have a long way to go before you hit the wheel well. What you will have to look out for though is pot holes, and speed bumps. I fxcking hate speed bumps. I scrape almost every time if I don't go in at an angle. And also, I went with eBay rear upper camber arms (not installed yet). $65! Looks and feels nice and sturdy. I can't afford those fancy companies yet, thanks to high tuition and barely any federal aid. :(
If so do u think I can run a 235/40r18 or go with a 225/40r18

·
EX V6 6spd
133 Posts
Let me help you guys out a little bit since i have the same rims and setup.

Dropped on Tein S-tech springs with stock wheels.

Dropped on Tein S-tech with XXR 18x8.75 +35 225/40/18

With OEM lip and a home depot lip, same setup as above (springs settled a bit)

Dropped on CXRacing full coilovers, adjusted for my daily driving taste to where it doesnt rub 85% of the time im drinving :)

The rear is tucking some tire now and the front is raised up 1/4 inch (no pics of that sorry) But the rear fenders are stock, not rolled and im not running any camber kits. My tires are fine, no camber wear. Its been about 3 months on this setup. Planmning on rolling the rears and getting a camber kit next spring so i can go lower in the rear. I like this setup right now tho :)
Hope this helps give you guys an idea of what to expect.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks ur car looks good.....I would like to get the xxr 521 rims.... From the specs they have listed on the site I should fit...just don't know if there going to clear the brake caliper

1 - 18 of 18 Posts