Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up our check at the insurance agent today.

Two weeks ago, I was driving home at 55 mph northbound on a four-lane highway. A driver at a stop sign on a road to my right decided to pull out to go southbound when I was about 100 feet from the intersection. I had time to try to swerve right and brake, and my left front corner plowed into her driver's door. My front and side airbags went off, but I didn't lose consciousness and I walked away with a badly bruised chest (which still hurts a bunch) and some kind of discomfort in my right hand that may yet turn out to be a broken bone. The other driver bumped her head but also walked away.

The car did its job, sacrificing itself at 73K, and so it will be replaced with a 2019 EX-L 1.5. I'm looking forward to that, but we loved that 2015 and its V-6. Thanks.

·
500k or bust!!!
16,797 Posts
Check in once in a while...

Glad you're ok.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Been a weird coupla years, and I just was very busy with other things in life. I hope I'll get to lurk around here a little more often.

·
Registered
81 Posts
RIP? Do not even worry about it. Someone will buy that car, fix it and sell it as a salvaged car.
It will continue to keep other people happy!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
You forgot to let go of the steering wheel just before you hit. I did the same thing many years ago and got a broken bone in my left thumb area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts