Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Michael
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To do the Advics BBK you need a few things listed below. The result is giant 4 piston calipers and 324mm rotors. Cutting the rotor backing plate may not be necessary. You could bend it out of the way.

Front left and right calipers from Acura RL 2005-2009 made by Advics. Acquire these from eBay, junk yards, etc. New would be prohibitively expensive. Mine are rebuilt by A1 Cardone.

Two 12.8 inch rotors from the Nissan 350Z Track edition (sometimes called "w/ Brembo brakes" on sales sites). The ones in this video are DBA 4600 XS (Disc Brakes Australia). Soon being replaced with Project mu 2-piece.

Brake pads of your choosing to match the front Acura RL 2005-2009. I am using Akebono ceramic.

Custom bracket.

Advics BBK DIY

The video does not show moving of the brake line. That is a bolt in the back of your old caliper. You simply unscrew it and then screw it into the new caliper. Bleeding your brakes is 100% necessary following that process. Stainless steel braided lines are recommended. I have StopTech brand lines.

How to bleed brakes using the "One person" method

·
Registered
747 Posts
This is AWESOME! What's a good price for these calipers?
A good price may be in upwards of $200, but it depends where you get them and the condition they are in.

What kind of project mu rotors did you use? Also would they fit a sedan?
He used the Project Mu rotors for a 06+ 350z Track Model (w/Brembo Brakes). You need the custom brackets that allows you to fit the RL Advics Calipers and the rotors mentioned above.

·
Michael
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fastbrakes has the brackets. From what I've heard this works on 6th-8th generation, and sedan/coupe has never been different.

·
Black on Black on Black
129 Posts
Artema, I looked for the brackets and didnt see them? Do you still have an active part number?

·
Black on Black on Black
129 Posts
Cool, thanks

·
youtube.com/justahondaaccord
1,327 Posts
I'm running a 20mm spacer in the front with stock wheels for winter. I don't believe stock 18" wheels will clear given their offset without a 15mm spacer.

·
Carpe Diem
2,566 Posts
The only "stock" rim that will clear the RL BBK without spacers is the 07-08 TL-S wheels. For the 7th gen Accord that is.

·
Turbo lag
1,439 Posts
Quick note here:
The 350Z brembo brake package rotors did not work for me. They stuck out too much (toward the side of the car) and was rubbing the calipers. Everything was installed correctly, the rotor was seating correctly (reinstalled twice because I thought I was crazy). The fastbrake kit was used with re manufactured ADVIC calipers. The Maxima rotors from 2006-current is probably the way to go to ensure fitment due to the thinner rotor thickness.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey everyone, this is my first post so bear with me. Ive been crawling around on this and other forums and I cant seem to find a definitive answer... Will the 350Z Brembo (12.8") rotors work or do I need to send mine back and get a set of the Maxima (12.6") rotors? My car is currently at a shop so I dont have access to it or I would just mock it up. Thanks in advance...
Also, Im running 18" wheels, heres a link, hope that helps

1 - 20 of 36 Posts