Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this may sound pathetic to others, but the Accord just came back from a 360 mile round trip road trip... drove to Galena, IL, then decided to drive to Dubuque, Iowa. which is the furthest this car has been driven in a day... I know.... a bit sad, but because the car performed so flawlessly as expected, it'll definitely be on many more road trips!

Gas mileage was absolutely excellent, as expected with the 4 cylinder. Topped off the tank before we left, reset the trip odometer, and it easily went the entire trip without filling up.

In fact, the gas light just came on today, at 435 miles.. By far the best tank this car has seen. Probably would've gotten better mileage if we didn't hit traffic along the trip.

Cannot wait to drive to Kentucky this spring! It'll sure be an awesome 800 mile road trip!

·
Banned
13,100 Posts
That is a nice drive....this time of year is so nice for that route. Leaves turning colors...Galena was where General (and later, President) U.S. Grant used to live.

If you are careful, you can get 500 miles + out of a tank.

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
14,603 Posts
i think you need to drive her more, get her legs stretched out.

i did around 3800 miles driving for games 1,2,4 of the NLDS..... :wave:

·
Banned
13,100 Posts
i think you need to drive her more, get her legs stretched out.
lol, it's not an electric vehicle, Todd,...you can do one of stiller fan's long arse trips.:thmsup:

A friend went from the 7th Gen to an 8th Gen and regretted it- lousy seats. The 9th Gen seats are nice- reminds me of the 7th Gen seats.

·
Banned
546 Posts
That is a nice drive....this time of year is so nice for that route. Leaves turning colors...Galena was where General (and later, President) U.S. Grant used to live.

If you are careful, you can get 500 miles + out of a tank.
If I can get 520 miles on 14.2 gal for 36.6 mpg with a V6 5AT, I'm sure he can squeeze 600+ easily. Heck, I could have pushed it to 600 but didn't want to risk it :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did a solo run from Arizona to South Carolina in June, round trip was about 4500 miles. I was very comfortable and could have gone farther if needed. Really like the EXL leather seats. The I4 averaged about 35mpg going 75-80.

·
Banned
13,100 Posts
@Brasscap: I love road trips and especially through the south. Lots of Waffle Houses.

The guys on the 9th Gen forum are all raving about their new 4 cylinder engines and CVT transmissions....they post their best mpg on their signatures. Some get 39 mpg...

But the new 2014 Hybrid Accord Sedan just released yesterday? It got 50 mpg.

·
Registered
7 Posts
@Brasscap: I love road trips and especially through the south. Lots of Waffle Houses.

The guys on the 9th Gen forum are all raving about their new 4 cylinder engines and CVT transmissions....they post their best mpg on their signatures. Some get 39 mpg...

But the new 2014 Hybrid Accord Sedan just released yesterday? It got 50 mpg.
I put on 10 lbs when I was there on vac. I ate like there was no tomorrow! :lmao:
My wife drives our 9th Gen EXL I4 CVT but she avg's 34 mostly city driving. I will observe the mileage when we go to Vegas soon. I'd like to see 39 hwy!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just got back from around a 2700 mile trip. Drove down to North Carolina from Massachusetts. Visited friends and went all over the state fro 2 weeks. Drove straight through, also went through New York city and 95 the way down. Spent more in tolls than gas on tje way down. I drove down really loaded up too, sporting my Neuspeed race spring/Koni damper setup on my 18's and Continental Extreme Contact DW tires. It really drove well. The suspension was really fun on twisties, but tame on the highway. The tires came in handy for the pouring rains I experienced. Bought the car last May with 66k. Hit 90k yesterday on the way home. Best car I have owned. It's a 5 speed 4 banger ex-l nav. Turned a lot heads. Especially at the full serve car washes. Sad its time to put the winter setup in. The way ot handles now is just plain ridiculous. My fiancee likes the 9th gen sports, but doesn't want trade in our Ruby. Drive the car more man! Drive it!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts