Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am just new here in this forum..
i would just like to share my coupe.
Last week, i installed the following:
- Rockford Fosgate R1L-2X12 subwoofer with box
- Rockford Fosgate Prime R500-1D amplifier
- Focal HILO
- Monster Audio cables
Got it installed in a local Car Accessory shop coz i don't want to mess things up by doin' it by myself...
Stand-by mode

"The Package"

Friendly professional technician doing his work

almost ready...

it's been a clean install and a great improvement on the sound.

there's only one thing i would like to resolve, there is a rattle coming from the spoiler at the back of the car.. can someone here help me with that?
it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, i am not sure on the DVD bro, i did not inquire about that. my system doesn't have the Nav nor the DVD..

·
Registered
148 Posts
Cool. Have you gotten the fronts and rear speakers upgraded as well or did you get just the sub installed?

BTW, I had to look twice when I saw the license plate. Wasn't expecting to see a Dubai plate. Used to see a few of them growing up in Bahrain.:D

·
6 Cylinders and 6 Gears
721 Posts
Welcome, all the way to the UAE!

Great first post. :thmsup:

I think you'll like it here. :yes:

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
there's only one thing i would like to resolve, there is a rattle coming from the spoiler at the back of the car.. can someone here help me with that?
it would be greatly appreciated.

You need to open the trunk and remove the liner on the trunk lid. Should be fairly easy. Remove any other liners/etc that might be underneath and install a GOOD QUALITY deadener to the metal. Reinstall liner, close lid and test it. Keep adding more in various places (flat surfaces are the most problematic surfaces as those are ones that resonate the most) until you resolve the noise issue.

:thmsup:

Plenty of good deadeners out there. Second Skin Damplifier pro, SoundDeadenerShowdown CLD tiles, etc.

·
Lurking...
59 Posts
Any noise/popping issues with running that Focal HILO?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts