Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

· 2018 Accord 1.5T MSM
28 Posts
Hey everyone, searched and didn't see a thread in the 10th gen forums (a few on others though) but wanted to make a quick post for those that are not in the know. My car is a 1.5T Sport and was weary that this feature wasn't included (because of sport) so I tried it out. To get this to work do the following:

• Press unlock once
  • Press and hold unlock and watch the windows roll down (assuming the sunroof as well but mine isn't equipped)

*If you stop holding the unlock button the windows will stop and if you want them to continue to roll down you have to restart the sequence.

To get them to roll back up, use your physical key and insert it into the door and turn to lock and hold it and they roll up. I believe there may be a sequence that allows you to do this via the remote but I haven't found anything quite yet.

Happy 10th-inning!

· Registered
690 Posts
Glad you discovered the remote feature, but it's been on Accords since 2003 (7th Gen). Also, the remote can open all the windows and roof, but the physical key must be used to close them all at once.

· Senior Citizen
164 Posts
Hey everyone, searched and didn't see a thread in the 10th gen forums (a few on others though) but wanted to make a quick post for those that are not in the know. My car is a 1.5T Sport and was weary that this feature wasn't included (because sport) so I tried it out. To get this to work do the following:

• Press unlock once
  • Press and hold unlock and watch the windows roll down (assuming sunroof as well but mine isn't equipped)

*If you stop holding the unlock button the windows will stop and if you want them to continue to roll down you have to restart the sequence.

To get them to roll back up, use your physical key and insert it into the door and turn to lock and hold it and they roll up. I believe there may be a sequence that allows you to do this via the remote but I haven't found anything quite yet.

Happy 10th-gen'ing!
Also opens the sunroof. My ‘04 EXL and all my Accords since had that great feature. Terrific in the summer!

· Banned
14,456 Posts
^You are correct. This is the woman responsible for content within the Honda owner's manual...

Reactions: ddfda

· Banned
14,456 Posts
OP does not have his location listed under his username. He may be in a country where such dissemination of such information is prohibited by law. We don't know...we just don't know.

Reactions: zroger73

· Registered
241 Posts
I find it (BUTTOCKS) backwards that you cannot close the windows remotely. The convenience of that is during a sudden/unexpectedly rain, a quick visit to the nearest window is all that is needed rather than having to go outside, especially in a downpour. It's saved my interior many times here at work in my VW's.

· Registered
2 Posts
I find it (BUTTOCKS) backwards that you cannot close the windows remotely. The convenience of that is during a sudden/unexpectedly rain, a quick visit to the nearest window is all that is needed rather than having to go outside, especially in a downpour. It's saved my interior many times here at work in my VW's.
I'm guessing they don't want the hassle of a decapitated chihuahua on the front page.

· Registered
1,067 Posts
I find it ass backwards that you cannot close the windows remotely. The convenience of that is during a sudden/unexpectedly rain, a quick visit to the nearest window is all that is needed rather than having to go outside, especially in a downpour. It's saved my interior many times here at work in my VW's.
It's a safety feature. Imagine having a pet in the car with the windows open, and accidentally closing the windows remotely while you're away from the car.

I've seen discussions on other car forums of the opposite happening -- the key fob being situated in someone's purse of pocket in such a way that the windows ended up being rolled down remotely (inadvertently) when they sat down, etc.

· Registered
108 Posts
Read the manual, didn't see anything mentioning it. :blah:
Thought I read the entire manual as well and never read this anywhere . Only tried it because a few other cars I’ve owned had the feature .
It's possible that you only have the "Owner's Guide" and not the full "Owner's Manual". The Owner's Guide probably doesn't mention it, but I'm pretty sure it's in the Owner's Manual. I don't think Honda gives us hard copies of the owner's manuals anymore, but you can order them for free. See this thread:
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/2...u-can-order-free-owners-manual-hard-copy.html

Or you can view and download a digital copy here:
Owners Manual for | 2018 Honda Accord Sedan | Honda Owners

· Registered
241 Posts
It's a safety feature. Imagine having a pet in the car with the windows open, and accidentally closing the windows remotely while you're away from the car.

I've seen discussions on other car forums of the opposite happening -- the key fob being situated in someone's purse of pocket in such a way that the windows ended up being rolled down remotely (inadvertently) when they sat down, etc.
I suppose it's not entirely impossible that can happen. Never had it happen to me in 14yrs that I had a VW with the feature. I can see accidently pocket unlocking or locking the doors, but the window feature is a two-step process that needs to happen to initiate it. Oh well, I'll live with it. Just would be nice to be able to roll them up since we have the option to roll them down. We're entering T-srom season here, could be nice and sunny and five minutes later a storm can flare up.

I'm guessing they don't want the hassle of a decapitated chihuahua on the front page.
That's why the windows are equipped with pinch protection, or "auto reverse" as Honda calls it, to keep Fidos neck and/or little Jimmy/Sallys fingers attached.

· Registered
1,067 Posts
I suppose it's not entirely impossible that can happen. Never had it happen to me in 14yrs that I had a VW with the feature. I can see accidently pocket unlocking or locking the doors, but the window feature is a two-step process that needs to happen to initiate it. Oh well, I'll live with it. Just would be nice to be able to roll them up since we have the option to roll them down. We're entering T-srom season here, could be nice and sunny and five minutes later a storm can flare up.
I'm not disagreeing with you -- I wish it was added to HondaLink as well. I'm surprised that VW hasn't reversed course on this feature due to pressure from their legal department.

· Registered
14 Posts
It's possible that you only have the "Owner's Guide" and not the full "Owner's Manual". The Owner's Guide probably doesn't mention it, but I'm pretty sure it's in the Owner's Manual. I don't think Honda gives us hard copies of the owner's manuals anymore, but you can order them for free. See this thread:
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/2...u-can-order-free-owners-manual-hard-copy.html

Or you can view and download a digital copy here:
Owners Manual for | 2018 Honda Accord Sedan | Honda Owners
Thanks . I did download the manual and obviously skipped page 187 where I’ve now found it.

· Registered
345 Posts
1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.