Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!!

New here! Just purchased a 2011 Ex-L v6 coupe in Polished Silver Metallic (the charcoal color) last weekend and am so in love with it! I've started making a list of everything I'd like to have done, and I'm trying to decide if I want to have the roof vinyl wrapped or painted.

What are the pros and cons of both?

Anyone have any pictures of that color coupe with a black roof? All I can find are other colors.

Thanks in advance!!

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
606 Posts
Hey all!!

New here! Just purchased a 2011 Ex-L v6 coupe in Polished Silver Metallic (the charcoal color) last weekend and am so in love with it! I've started making a list of everything I'd like to have done, and I'm trying to decide if I want to have the roof vinyl wrapped or painted.

What are the pros and cons of both?

Anyone have any pictures of that color coupe with a black roof? All I can find are other colors.

Thanks in advance!!
There are a number of vinyl pictures floating around DA (I recall seeing a few threads over the last year, but don't recall if they were black). That being said, depending on the vinyl chosen, it can look very clean or can look very bad. My advice, if you decide to go with vinyl, is use high quality vinyl and have it professionally installed. Good wraps will last 5-10 years and can be replaced. Of course, so should a good paint job.

The organization I work for puts vinyl on vehicles costing over $500k and it is installed by professionals.

Scott C.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I was interested in doing this, but kept getting quoted astronomical numbers. Anywhere between $200-$350 for a simple roof wrap. Seems like an awful lot for such a small area (on the coupe that is). It sure looks good I just didn't think it was worth the cost IMO.

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
606 Posts
I was interested in doing this, but kept getting quoted astronomical numbers. Anywhere between $200-$350 for a simple roof wrap. Seems like an awful lot for such a small area (on the coupe that is). It sure looks good I just didn't think it was worth the cost IMO.
Yes, it is generally expensive. Unfortunately, anything less and it looks bad.

Scott C.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Freshly Wrapped

I just had my roof done, I have a 2012, white coupe. I had the roof done matte black, cost about $260, but looks amazing! Just need to do something about this darn grill!!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just had my roof done, I have a 2012, white coupe. I had the roof done matte black, cost about $260, but looks amazing! Just need to do something about this darn grill!!
I see your from the California Bay Area! Where did you get yours done?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I see your from the California Bay Area! Where did you get yours done?
I took it to Savage Wraps in Milpitas. I'm more than happy with their work. I really liked their vibe, professional yet laid back and fun. He has great yelp reviews (I haven't written my review yet)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took it to Savage Wraps in Milpitas. I'm more than happy with their work. I really liked their vibe, professional yet laid back and fun. He has great yelp reviews (I haven't written my review yet)
Awesome!! Thank you! I will check them out.

·
2008 Honda Accord V6 EX-L
674 Posts
I thought the same thing when I called around for some quotes. So I tried it myself. Its pretty tough to do. I tried and failed. Then ended up lettings the pros do it. Totally worth it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought the same thing when I called around for some quotes. So I tried it myself. Its pretty tough to do. I tried and failed. Then ended up lettings the pros do it. Totally worth it.
Yeah I would never trust myself enough to do it myself. Haha.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts