Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the typical brake rotor lifespan for a 6th Gen w/V6 ? Front/Rear ...

·
Super Moderator
4,420 Posts
The 1998 V6 coupe that's still here, it got almost 190k on it's first set of rotors front and rear. They were still in spec, thickness wise, but had enough rust, waves and other irregularities to change them.

Rotor life is dependent on so many things, type of driving, pad type, driving style, the area you live if rusty or salt air (ocean). I've seen the above, and others needing rotors well before 100k.

·
Registered
161 Posts
what is the typical brake rotor lifespan for a 6th Gen w/V6 ? Front/Rear ...
I was wondering the same thing with the rust on mine. I have about 110k miles on mine. I just painted the drums, rotors, and calipers all blacl. (the rotors, I mean the outer part edges, not the actual rotor itself :naughty:

·
Super Moderator
4,420 Posts
The rust on the non friction surfaces isn't a big deal unless the front rotors have rotted in the cooling vanes. Once they get very rusty, the rotor is garbage.

If you have rust ridges on the friction surfaces, and the pads are riding on that ridge, they are not long for this world.

In my area, I see many rotors with pitting, that eventually develop into large divots. By that point the driver is complaining of severe pulsation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts