Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Honda Accord EX-L V6
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having this problem with my 2016 Honda Accord EX-L V6 for quite some time now. It has around 67,500 miles.

1st problem, my transmission shifts rough occasionally from 1st to 2nd gear, and while downshifting to a stop. As well, when putting it into Reverse it jerks from time to time. It’s even worse with the A/C on. I have done a 4x drain and fill thinking it would help but it’s still there.

2nd problem, my A/C blower speed seems to drop on its own, like it looses power. My settings will be on Lo, fan speed all the way up, A/C on, with recirculating air. I don’t have the auto button on. It does it as well even on lower fan speed settings.

I have taken it to the dealer 4 times for these problems. They keep saying it could be this and that. So far, I have replaced PCV Valve, Serpentine Belt, Battery, Alternator, Blower Resistor, Blower Motor, and A/C compressor. I treat this car like it’s worth a million bucks. Not sure where to go next, replace fuses?? Clean MAF Sensor?? Clean Throttle Body?? Hopefully someone can help me out. Thank you!!!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Maf and throttle body as nothing to do with your problem. There is a tsb for trans good for 8 yrs 80k for torque converter locking up and trans fluid deteriorating. Hard downshift seems typical for Honda's I drove early models of Ody and it exhibited same harsh downshift, not sure whether it was 3 to 2 or 2 to 1 gears, but that was quite annoying. I supposedly had the software update as a part of that TSB, but have no way of verifying as dealer did a recall for fuel pump, updating software and they said that it took care of the trans software as well. I do not really believe that. I guess I can go to different dealer to have them check it out and ask to look at diagnostic equipment with the tech.
As far as ac being low and fan speed too slow not powerful I have that too, probably a typical Honda thing.
Are you using econ button? That dumbs down throttle response and throttles back the ac.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
This is a link to most every thread on this forum related to discussion of the 2013-2017 Accord V6 6 speed automatic transmission. Included is discussion about quick shifting, stutter, shutter, harsh downshifts and more. Lots of useful information here.

Enjoy!

Accord V6 6 speed auto trans

Jerk in car at low speeds in 2016 Accord Touring v6

2015 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Rough Transmission

2017 Accord V6 - Sudden Deceleration when Idling

2016 AT Accord Coupe V6 EX shifts at weird times

2013 V6 Touring Transmission munching and rpm bounce

Jerk or Jolt from Stop Light (V6 ONLY)

Harsh Upshift and Downshift

Just bought a Pre-Owned 2014 EX-L V6! But acceleration...

Engine braking - too sensitive?

couple of questions re "shudder at low speed&quot...

Possible transmission troubles....

Need help with my new 2015 Accord exl v6 please

Abrupt downshift w/6 sp auto tranny

Stepwise Acceleration ('13 V6 auto)

2013 EXL V6 Downshift problem and wind noise

Transmission clunk 2015 Accord EX-L V6

Transmission Shudder. 14' EX-L V6

Does the V6 6AT automatically rev match when down-shifting?

Anyone else hate their V6 Auto Transmission?

2014 Accord EL-V6 feels slow and heavy

2013 touring jerking when slowing down
Issues with new touring v6 accord

Is there "Rev-Matching" on Upshifts (V6 6...

Doe anyone know at what speeds the trans shifts gears?

2013 v6 accord auto, problem with anti-braking

V6 owners, trans shudder?

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/8...-noticeable-downshifts-when-decelerating.html

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/86-9th-generation/79444-why-no-low-gear-6at.html

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/86-9th-generation/78717-ex-l-v6-shifting.html

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/86-9th-generation/77300-ex-v-6-early-transmission-shifts.html

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Look on page 441 of the 2016 Honda Accord Sedan Owners manual, which says:

The ECON button turns the ECON mode on and off. The ECON mode helps you improve your fuel economy by adjusting the performance of the engine, transmission, climate control system, and cruise control.

·
Registered
2016 Honda Accord EX-L V6
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maf and throttle body as nothing to do with your problem. There is a tan for trans good for 8 yrs 80k hard downshift seems typical for these. I supposedly had the software update as a part of that TSB, but have no way of verifying as dealer did a recall for fuel pump, updating software and they said that it took care of the trans software as well. I do not really believe that. I guess I can go to different dealer to have them check it out and ask to look at diagnostic equipment with the tech.
As far as ac being low and fan speed too slow not powerful I have that too, probably a typical Honda thing.
Are you using econ button? That dumbs down throttle response and throttles back the ac.
I don’t have the Econ button on, I’m tired of taking it to the dealer, I might just sell my car and get something else

·
Registered
913 Posts
What I noticed is that on a quick hard stop there is none of that harsh downshifting pattern, it just solidly drops gears probably skipping a couple. This is my first honda and I am biastly I guess comparing that to an old tried and true tech like that on my old camry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts