Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
i-VTEC, do you?
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, my Ichiba's were waiting at my door when I returned from class so I immediately got them installed. 20mm in the front and 25mm in the rear. I still feel like the rear could use another 5mm but o well. The car was dirty so I took it to the wash (at 9pm at night lol) which has illuminated bays and snapped some pics. Without further a due here is the end result... Flush. :thmsup:

·
i-VTEC, do you?
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
‎']['{[]}{[]}][_
597 Posts
Wow, the offset on those wheels must be way different from my stockers cause I highly doubt that they are narrower than my wheels; I have 15mm spacers front and back (mainly to clear my BBK) and my front wheels stick out slightly wider than my wheel arches. My rears obviously don't and could use 20mm spacers to flush them up.

Flushed wheels is subtle and makes the stance of the car look much better!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Hellaflush! Your ride is really coming along, man. I love it. I plan to do the exact same thing, but with TL wheels and some coilovers :D I love that second shot. Are you running a camber it?

·
Registered
898 Posts
Looks great!

I have 25mm in the front and 20 in the rear =)

Did you use thread locker anbd torque them down with a torque wrench to spec?

·
i-VTEC, do you?
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone for the comments!

Wow, the offset on those wheels must be way different from my stockers cause I highly doubt that they are narrower than my wheels; I have 15mm spacers front and back (mainly to clear my BBK) and my front wheels stick out slightly wider than my wheel arches. My rears obviously don't and could use 20mm spacers to flush them up.

Flushed wheels is subtle and makes the stance of the car look much better!
The offset of the TSX rims stock are +55, so with the spacers they are now +35 and +30. I totaly agree with you. The more aggressive ofset just makes the car look so bad ass! From the rear it looks like it has some really wide tires, lol.

Hellaflush! Your ride is really coming along, man. I love it. I plan to do the exact same thing, but with TL wheels and some coilovers :D I love that second shot. Are you running a camber it?
No camber kit yet. I actually just rotated the tires while bolting up the spaces and I didn't notice any abnormal wear... yet.

Looks great!

I have 25mm in the front and 20 in the rear =)

Did you use thread locker anbd torque them down with a torque wrench to spec?
Yep, I used some loctite blue and air tools at my friends shop to install them. Took like 30 minutes! I'll recheck the torque on them at the end of the week just to make sure.

nice! citgo self car wash by ihop i see..
Hahaha! I knew you would recognize that! We really should meet up there soon. I've been going to allot of meets lately with my other friends but none of them are Honda's (although there are a few teggies and itr's). We normally meet up at the Citgo, wash our cars and then cruise out to the meet. You should come sometime.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looks really nice. Oh and by the way, glad to see the Home Depot lip holding up so good. If it survived the car wash then I'm not sure anything will take it off :D

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Hahaha! I knew you would recognize that! We really should meet up there soon. I've been going to allot of meets lately with my other friends but none of them are Honda's (although there are a few teggies and itr's). We normally meet up at the Citgo, wash our cars and then cruise out to the meet. You should come sometime.
I rarely wash my car lately at the Citgo, but let me know when you guys meet up sometimes, I may come by depending on my schedule.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
looks good man. i like how they look like that but im afraid to use spacers haha. like theyll fly out or something. did you think the tsx rims on their without spacers was really bad? i dont really mind how the rims/tires look on my car right now. and good to see the home depot lip is still there haha

·
i-VTEC, do you?
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
looks good man. i like how they look like that but im afraid to use spacers haha. like theyll fly out or something. did you think the tsx rims on their without spacers was really bad? i dont really mind how the rims/tires look on my car right now. and good to see the home depot lip is still there haha
Don't be put off by spacers, there are lots of people who run them daily safely. When you first bolt them on use some loctite blue on the threads and torque the wheels and spacers down to spec. Then after the initial first few days or so, pop off a wheel take your wrench and make sure there snug. Thats it!

I thought the rims looked fine without the spacers but when you drop the car the wheels tuck in allot more than stock. Lots of people loved the tucked look, I myself prefer a flushed stance. It's completely up to you.

Hahaha! I see rlyaccord and you noticed the Home Depot lip is holding strong. It's actually survived about 3 car washes and a few speed bump scrapes. 3m double sided stick tape is no joke, lol.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Looks good but needs more low : )

·
-Gene
656 Posts
moar pics!!!

·
i-VTEC, do you?
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i wonder how the home depot lip will look on a 06 front end silver sedan..
Do it!! Only cost's 9 bucks and is easily reversible.

you gotta go lower!
Looks good but needs more low : )
In dew time fellas. I'm waiting until after winter, then I'll get some new wheels and judge the gap at that point. So for the time being the Eibach's will do just fine, but if I find a can't miss deal on some coilovers then.... :biggrin:

moar pics!!!
I actually was planing on some today but it rained last night and it washed pollen all over my car, which ****s!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts